Upgrades To Transmission

Hello to all,

im having issues with my tranny and have a couple of questions

what can i do so that i dont have to worry about a transmission for at least two years. ..

should i buy a brand new tranny? if so what kind (model # or brand)

i called the national chevrolet hotline and gave the lady my vin # she said i had a HD4 automatic transmission? from reading forums i thought i had a 4l80???

how can i see what kind of tranny im supposed to have??

again i have a 2oo5 ss AWD

if i keep the shell of the tranny what rebuilt kit should i get?

maybe the transmission guy doesn't know what kind of tranny i have and is putting in wrong parts?

what updrades are out there?

could it be a computer related issue?

could it be an electrical issue?

please help!!

Thanks!

Hello to all,

what can i do so that i dont have to worry about a transmission for at least two years. ..

i called the national chevrolet hotline and gave the lady my vin # she said i had a HD4 automatic transmission? from reading forums i thought i had a 4l80???

maybe the transmission guy doesn't know what kind of tranny i have and is putting in wrong parts?

please help!!

Thanks!

you have not stated what problems you are having.

Hello to all,

please help!!

Thanks!

Whats up chief!?

its kinda hard to explain. . . the issue is when im stepping on the gas the RPM's will go up as normal and then right before the 1st gear catches the RPM's jump another 200 RPMs, and then catches the first gear, same issue with the 2nd, right before it feels it should shift the RPMs jump another 200 RPM's , so to me it feels like its slipping . . .

Sorry but I am having trouble reading your explanation.

Are you saying you have to rev the truck to get it to engage into first gear from a dead stop? When you put the shift lever into "D" the truck should already be in first gear (no need to rev to engage first gear).

Or are you trying to say that the truck drives fine in first gear and you have an "RPM flare" on the 1 -> 2 upshift?

Have you checked the basics - is the transmission fluid filled correctly? Are there any leaks or damp spots under the truck? Does the transmission fluid smell burnt in any way? What does the transmission temperature gauge read on the dash? When was the last time the filter was changed?

If the problem is happening in each gear, I would be more inclined to think it is pressure related.

Your truck has a 4L65, btw. And the modifications available to it are *many* and yes quite a few trucks have supercharged 6.0L motors running in the low-12s on correctly built 4L65 transmissions with very good life. The trick is, there are only a few people in the country that know how to build a 4L65 so that it will live.

Mr. P.

Like is said its hard to explain whats it's doing with out riding in the truck.

i just had it rebuilt and i feel the guy wasn't one of the few people in country that could re-build it. it was one of the tranny places in miami that give 6 months / 6K miles because they know their work sucks. so i dont think its tranny fluid, i haven't noticed any leaks, temperature gets to about half way between the cold and hot guage. . . .

know of any-1 in south florida that a reliable transmission mechanic?

as far as the type of transmission i have. . . . whats the difference between the 4L65 and the 4L80?

any recommendations on a rebuild kit?

thanks again.

Sorry but I am having trouble reading your explanation.

Are you saying you have to rev the truck to get it to engage into first gear from a dead stop? When you put the shift lever into "D" the truck should already be in first gear (no need to rev to engage first gear).

Or are you trying to say that the truck drives fine in first gear and you have an "RPM flare" on the 1 -> 2 upshift?

Have you checked the basics - is the transmission fluid filled correctly? Are there any leaks or damp spots under the truck? Does the transmission fluid smell burnt in any way? What does the transmission temperature gauge read on the dash? When was the last time the filter was changed?

If the problem is happening in each gear, I would be more inclined to think it is pressure related.

Your truck has a 4L65, btw. And the modifications available to it are *many* and yes quite a few trucks have supercharged 6.0L motors running in the low-12s on correctly built 4L65 transmissions with very good life. The trick is, there are only a few people in the country that know how to build a 4L65 so that it will live.

Mr. P.