Just Scored Some Factory Gm Efans For Cheap!

BlueAKSSS

Just got a steal of a deal on some factory electric fans from an 2005 Silverado. Only $145 from the junkyard, I looked them up on their website and it said they were cracked but it turns out the crack was on the very bottom of shroud not effecting anything and it was tiny so I grabbed them. They also work perfectly as well! So I guess my SS will be getting Efans! Chevy_anim.gif

DSC_0005Medium.jpg

DSC_0004Medium-1.jpg

They did come with the wiring harness but it's cut off. It's a perfect starting point to build the rest of the harness off.

DSC_0001Medium-2.jpg

The plan is to use HP Tuners to turn on the Electric Fan output of the PCM to control them with relays. I believe there is a high speed fan and low speed so I think I can use the two outputs of the computer so one is the low speed and the other is the high speed? Hopefully thats right.

The plan is to use HP Tuners to turn on the Electric Fan output of the PCM to control them with relays. I believe there is a high speed fan and low speed so I think I can use the two outputs of the computer so one is the low speed and the other is the high speed? Hopefully thats right.

That is right, but you need to have a wiring harness that controls everything. I got my fan harness from Mr.P. Is was an exellent product. You still have to add 2 wire(high and low) to one of the plugs on the ecm and then running the wires to the fans. Took me about an hour and a half to do the whole thing. Good luck.

Great score by the way.

That is right, but you need to have a wiring harness that controls everything. I got my fan harness from Mr.P. Is was an exellent product. You still have to add 2 wire(high and low) to one of the plugs on the ecm and then running the wires to the fans. Took me about an hour and a half to do the whole thing. Good luck.

Great score by the way.

Well I got everything installed and working! I decided to build the fan harness myself since I'm pretty good with wiring. I followed the gm wiring diagram off of performancetrucks. Worked out good used the pins from the PCM to control it and everything, just inserted fan on off temps, and a/c pressure on off psi in the tune with HPT. The first test drive the fuse blew because it was only a 30 amp so I uped it to a 60 amp and they work perfect as well as look like factory even the harness is hidden inside the relay center lower cover.

Great find Matt, but do you even need fans in AK? :jester:

Hahaha, I guess you don't I was driving around for a while with the fuse blown and the temp gauge stayed right below 210. crackup.gif

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

i have factory fans and complete front harness BUT i didn't get the trigger wire that goes to pcm I can make one but i need the pins that go into the pcm where did u get them?

I was at the junk yard last summer and there happened to be two PCM Connectors laying inside one of the trucks cutoff the harness so I grabbed them for like 5 bucks lol! I needed some pins out of them for my 69 C10. I think you can get a similar pin that would work from radio shack? I'm not really sure.

• 5 years later...

Hey guys. Doing this swap now on a 2003 SS. Efans came from a 05. Where do i install the pins?? i've been reading and reading... pin 42 and pin 33 is all i've found, then get a tuner to turn it on and off (i plan on blackbear)... So do i put 1 pin into pin#42 and the other on pin#33? or put them both into pin#42? im sorry but this is the only confusing part of this mod...

There's a blue and green connector when you pop the PCM out.. One goes on each.. Can't remember which is high or low but there should be a write up here on site.. Good luck

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Might be some info you can use in this old post.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/9616-simplified-electric-fan-post/

Bryan posted while I was writing. Looks like he's got you covered. (Nice schematic Bryan) :thumbsup:

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Thanks Johnny it works like a charm... Three relays a little wire and some time and your good to go..

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

:thumbsup: I'm gonna use that one myself. Got a set of fans waiting to be installed.

Had the grill fired up lately Brother? I've been trying to ware mine out and eating too good in the process. :jester: