Post Lowered Ss Silverado Trucks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im 3.5/4.5, 2" spindles, GF torsion keys, rear shackles/hangers, belltech leafs, helper bags w/ 10 psi (in pic)

DSC00291-1.jpg

DSC00287-1.jpg

Ground force keys/belltech spindles/belltech hangers/ground force shackles/ground force shocks

that shit looks mean, i like it :thumbs:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

Click the link for my former pile. Beltech 2" hangers and shackles in the rear, Beltech 2" spindles in the front. Loosened torsion bolts in front for another inch for 3/4. Factory shocks no c-notch. It rode pretty good I thought but I didnt drive it like some of you do. If anything a c-notch would help a lot with a 3/4. There were a few times it popped the bump stops.

th_MOV03261_zps61914032.jpg

KCKID's truck that posted above, I have rode in his and it rides like a Cadillac in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am more then likely getting a SSS here withing a couple weeks. It is lowered, but my aunt has no idea what kit my uncle used. If I were able to get pics of w/e you all need, could you identify the drop? I am wanting to remove it and put it back at stock height. Thanks!

BTW its a 2005 rwd SS less then 30k Miles. Black w/ all available options I believe. Color matched tornou cover as well. 20 inch chrome rims stock. STOKED! Cannot wait to pick it up, if we can agree on price!

I am more then likely getting a SSS here withing a couple weeks. It is lowered, but my aunt has no idea what kit my uncle used. If I were able to get pics of w/e you all need, could you identify the drop? I am wanting to remove it and put it back at stock height. Thanks!

BTW its a 2005 rwd SS less then 30k Miles. Black w/ all available options I believe. Color matched tornou cover as well. 20 inch chrome rims stock. STOKED! Cannot wait to pick it up, if we can agree on price!

pics of it on the truck? some things might be identifiable but not all... torsion keys for example will be impossible to tell really from pics as they all look the same, unless its a company who powdercoats theirs... spindles yes, take a picture of the back side of the wheel (steering knuckle, where control arms bolt to wheel side) and i could tell you if its a drop spindle or not. if you have no lift access just turn wheels all the way one way, and reach under truck to take pic. the rear- take a picture of the leaf springs (get whole spring in pic if possible), pic of the front of leaf and rear of leaf where they attach to truck. then obviously make sure you get all 4 shocks in the pics so we can try to identify those as well :thumbs:

does she/he know what they spent on it?? the most common way to lower these (when drop is 2"/2" or less) seems to be the cheap way... turning down torsion keys in front (no parts used so nothing to see in pics) and using a 2" drop shackle in rear- this being the case because you can do a 2" drop for less than $100 if you do it yourself...

pics of it on the truck? some things might be identifiable but not all... torsion keys for example will be impossible to tell really from pics as they all look the same, unless its a company who powdercoats theirs... spindles yes, take a picture of the back side of the wheel (steering knuckle, where control arms bolt to wheel side) and i could tell you if its a drop spindle or not. if you have no lift access just turn wheels all the way one way, and reach under truck to take pic. the rear- take a picture of the leaf springs (get whole spring in pic if possible), pic of the front of leaf and rear of leaf where they attach to truck. then obviously make sure you get all 4 shocks in the pics so we can try to identify those as well :thumbs:

does she/he know what they spent on it?? the most common way to lower these (when drop is 2"/2" or less) seems to be the cheap way... turning down torsion keys in front (no parts used so nothing to see in pics) and using a 2" drop shackle in rear- this being the case because you can do a 2" drop for less than $100 if you do it yourself...

thanks for the info. He had a shop do it, so I am not sure. I will post up some pics if/when I get it. THanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
So a 4/6 drop with stock wheels will rub alot ?
4/6 will rub on 275/55s..get some 275/45s and you will be set..not too small but small enough so you wont rub at all

I also have a awd 2005 sss my guy is saying he cant do more then a 1/4 drop or ill break shit lmk whats up???

You can go up to 4" maybe 4.5" up front before you worry about cv axles breaking..I didnt start having problems with my cv's until 5" but I wouldnt go more than 4.5" just to be safe4/6" is a great stance and looks great on these trucks..speaking from personal experience I say start with 4/6 because if you do 2/4 or 3/5 you WILL want more low later lol