Hennessey Velociraptor

rojo_143

After watching this past weeks Top Gear (the US version) where they raced a F-150 Hennessey VelociRaptor vs. a HALO jumper there was no doubt that those truck are absolutley incredible off-road but then I just came accross this video on youtube and I have to say for the hp numbers they are making and running it in 4x4 high i am a little disappointed with the 1/4 mile time but I guess that is what to be expected from a ford!!!

Thats embarrassing. Those ford 5.4s are gutless even a supercharger cant make them fast. Theres a video on youtube of car and driver or one of those car mags testing the roush f150 that you spend like an extra 16 grand ontop of the price of the truck and its supercharged and it only runs like a 14.9 second 1/4 mile and 6.9 second 0-60. Thats redicilous. And now all the ford guys are talking all big about the 6.2 and even that truck is embarrassing ford should just stop making vehicles, or find new engineers!

It must be heavy ... I saw them at sema on the test track its definatly build for offroad not street performance. It had great shocks on it they jumped it pretty high and took it like a champ. I wish chevy would do more specialty vehicles like this.

It must be heavy ...

:withstupid: Quoting a magazine test/review article -

... Its stated output comes ... on premium unleaded ... on regular 87-octane gas it'll just lose 10 peak horsepower...

It's worth pointing out that there are no EPA fuel-economy ratings for the 6.2-liter Raptor. It is exempt due to its 6,006-pound curb weight.

So what that means is that it's a heavy-ass pig, that's *sorely* de-tuned; I mean really, it only makes 10 more HP on 93-octane? :confused:

STILL a bad-ass truck, I am very glad to see Ford produce them. :cool:

What this also means is that all the off-road gear will be available to the common man through SVT, so we might well see the Feds using hopped-up F150s & Expeditions running down the illegals in the desert. :lol:

Mr. P. :)

A while back, I had a guy in a Raptor stop at a light alongside me on Rt 130 in NJ. He wouldn't even look at me. Just as well. I thought his truck was UGLY! :) At the time, I had no idea what was in it, but if he wanted to go, I would have. :chevy:

A while back, I had a guy in a Raptor stop at a light alongside me on Rt 130 in NJ. He wouldn't even look at me. Just as well. I thought his truck was UGLY! :) At the time, I had no idea what was in it, but if he wanted to go, I would have. :chevy:

i had the same thing happen, except that this was in mexico ,and im not taking my chances.....