Transmission Builder Reputation Thread

As with anything, things can be hit or miss, outside of right out being taken for a ride. But anyway, I've had my FLT vacuum modulated LVL V with billet shafts installed since the latter part of 2006 and over 55k miles, it has always had a Radix w/2.8" pulley in front of it, sporadic shot's of a 75hp hit and has never had a single hiccup in that time. It may die tomorrow, but I would say it's held up remarkably well thus far.

:thumbs: What do you think of the vacuum modulated line pressure?

:thumbs: What do you think of the vacuum modulated line pressure?

Actually FLT recommended going vacuum modulated in a boosted application and really and truly I’ve come to like it. I also had them upgrade to the billet servos over the typical Vette unit they install and I found it a little too harsh, so I ended up adding back shift timing to soften it up a little. Of course they already install a billet 3-4 as part of the Level V unit, and maybe I shouldn’t have second guessed them about the Vette servo, but things feel good with the shift timing the way it is now. I know just about everyone say’s to zero it out with a built unit, but my kidneys couldn’t take it.

Actually FLT recommended going vacuum modulated in a boosted application and really and truly I’ve come to like it. I also had them upgrade to the billet servos over the typical Vette unit they install and I found it a little too harsh, so I ended up adding back shift timing to soften it up a little. Of course they already install a billet 3-4 as part of the Level V unit, and maybe I shouldn’t have second guessed them about the Vette servo, but things feel good with the shift timing the way it is now. I know just about everyone say’s to zero it out with a built unit, but my kidneys couldn’t take it.

While you *can* zero out the shift timing and torque management tables with a built unit, you don't *have* to, and we leave in some TM, not so much as to slow the truck down, but enough to take the edge off the shifts and that goes a LONG ways to improving trans life. :thumbs:

Wow you have done real well with that FLT unit that I built back in 06. Good to hear its still going strong. I will miss building those units but with the new job I'm learning how to build many new units. Mostly 5 and 6 speed units which I guess will be the future of the industry. Thanks for sharing your success. Vince

Wow you have done real well with that FLT unit that I built back in 06. Good to hear its still going strong. I will miss building those units but with the new job I'm learning how to build many new units. Mostly 5 and 6 speed units which I guess will be the future of the industry. Thanks for sharing your success. Vince

I can't thank you enough for building a unit that has held up to a fair amount of abuse, even though the nay-sayer's of the world say it just won't happen.

Thanks again; Jarrod

Add some good rep for the Toy Shop. I bought my unit used from 04chase and have been very happy with it. I ended up going through the trans to freshen it and it had everything you would expect and they were very helpful with a few questions I had to get it back on the road. Kendall is the man and I would highly recommend anyone out that way looking him up!!!! pepsicheer.gif

Truck goes low 12's now and has about 25,000 miles on it already. With a little tuning, it shifts nice and clean at part throttle and cruisw and has a nice crisp shift at the gear changes. Perfect!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I NEED Jerrys number... he built a great tranny for my 94 impala ss and monte carlo z34. I need to get a hold of him to build another one on my truck!

Transmission #2 - Jerry Hereid, dba Jerry's Transmissions. Fully modified 4L65, including 4340 internals and billet shafts etc. Motor is Paxton supercharged LQ9, estimated 500+ ft-lbs torque. Converter is TCS 3000. Transmission now has over a year use and 12K-miles, still runs like day-1. Highly recommend Jerry, he is a true transmission god and his credentials are without question. VERY professional and VERY reasonable. I know that he has many other units in dedicated track cars and daily-driven supercharged trucks with great service records. PM me if you want his number!

Mr. P. :)

• 6 months later...