Maf Sensor Throwing A Cel

ThatTallCanadian

OK so I recently installed a K&N CAI last week, the truck immediately threw a code. I had it read, P0101 came up, cleared it, ran the truck for another 100 ish km's then it randomly came back on, shut er off for the night, and it didn't come back on for another 100 ish kms. Same code came up. I just cleared it again tonight. Any thoughts as to whats causing this?

2004 Silverado SS (6.0 L obviously lol)

The only "problem" I had with installation is that I did not disconnect the battery during installation, and when I had everything installed I started the engine before remembering to plug in the MAF, so I plugged it in while it was running. After seeing the CEL I disconnected the negative for 30 ish mins to clear the code manually, it went away.

It runs the exact same (seems to me) whether or not the CEL is on. It's getting super annoying, any help is appreciated.

Edit: I did spray the connectors and MAF tonight with electrical contact cleaner, it didn't clear the CEL, it didn't even look dirty in the slightest.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

Check to make sure all of your clamps are tight, as that code can be caused by a post-MAF intake leak......

They should be, if it comes back on I might remove the fan shroud so I can get a better access to the TB. the rubber/silicone adaptors that came with the kit seemed pretty small, especially where it connected to the TB.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...