2004 Lq9 + L92 Heads +L76 Intake + Cam Build Up

BlueAKSSS

Good points, no I did not measure the spring height if that's what your asking, I didn't really budget for a valve job, local machine shop said around $300 do a complete assembley. I did buy ARP head bolts so I'll just pull the top end off if something goes way wrong get it fixed and buy new head gaskets and put it back together. My dad said I did everything right so IDK he's been building SBC's for his entire life. I think it'll be fine. fingersx.gif

time and 100.00 in head gaskets is a huge waste if you can get it right the first time. I have built more than a few LS engines and I'm telling you that having the heads set up right can make a huge difference in the end project. Just because your father has been building sbc for along time doesnt mean a whole lot. Hell my pops heads up an entire division of ARE which is the people that builds fords racing engines and he still calls me for advice on the LS engines. you will be better off having a good VJ cut and having the valve train balanced. I'm just tryin to make you realize that a few hundred dollars could mean a minimum of 30-40hp difference as well as knowing you did it right in the beginning. What you do in the end doesnt mean anything to me other than if you have induction problems or low power I can basically say I told you so... that is all just trying to lend you a helping hand. And yes I have also stuck these engines in other shit other than what they were designed for.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed the New awesome L92/LS3 heads, bolted them on with the new ARP fastners and Felpro gaskets. They definitely set off the copperhead block and the nice gray colored aluminum parts I painted with High temp engine paint and high temp clear coat.

DSC_0375Medium.jpg

DSC_0377Medium.jpg

DSC_0378Medium.jpg

DSC_0379Medium.jpg

DSC_0380Medium.jpg

DSC_0381Medium.jpg

DSC_0382Medium.jpg

DSC_0383Medium.jpg

DSC_0384Medium.jpg

DSC_0385Medium.jpg

DSC_0387Medium.jpg

DSC_0388Medium.jpg

DSC_0390Medium.jpg

DSC_0391Medium.jpg

DSC_0408Medium.jpg

DSC_0409Medium.jpg

DSC_0410Medium.jpg

DSC_0411Medium.jpg

DSC_0412Medium.jpg

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

damn Matt that looks BAD ASS!!!bet you cant wait to toss it in the 69

Thank man, I can't wait! biggrin.gif I Got all the valvetrain installed into the heads, had a problem with one of the rocker arm bolts somehow it got stripped out even though the heads where new. I tried to tap it out reinstalled the bolt and tried to torque it but as soon as I tried to tighten it the threads pulled out of the head. So I had to helicoil it, but it all worked out and now its all installed.

WOW this is one fast build! last time i checked this you had nothing yet lol

Going at this rate you should be done very soon drool.gif

I sure hope so, it'll be even faster in the truck! biggrinjester.gif

I think I'll post the 5.3L for sale locally so I can pull it and drop in the 6.0L!

Damn Matt your going all out, those circle d converters work pretty good I will hoefully save up and buy a 3600more less PI triple disk according to everyone around here its the best money can buy but its also a grand. OUCH

Edited by 4doorsssilverado (see edit history)

Damn Matt your going all out, those circle d converters work pretty good I will hoefully save up and buy a 3600more less PI triple disk according to everyone around here its the best money can buy but its also a grand. OUCH

I know converter's get expensive fast! I hope it works good, the people on pt.net swear by them.

Latest pics, I just test set/fit the intake on there to see how it would look and dang!!! Chevy_anim.gif

DSC_0418Medium.jpg

DSC_0423Medium.jpg

DSC_0420Medium.jpg

Hey Matt looks good ready to bolt it in, if it were mine I would paint the top cover on the intake that copper color would really set the motor off in my opinion, also I was bored yesterday and got on google and typed "procharger for sale" and it poped up that you had one for sale did you ever get rid of it or no? If no what does it need and does it work fine etc. Really like the way that motor looks especially with that color then the aluminum heads.

Edited by 4doorsssilverado (see edit history)

Hey Matt looks good ready to bolt it in, if it were mine I would paint the top cover on the intake that copper color would really set the motor off in my opinion, also I was bored yesterday and got on google and typed "procharger for sale" and it poped up that you had one for sale did you ever get rid of it or no? If no what does it need and does it work fine etc. Really like the way that motor looks especially with that color then the aluminum heads.

My friend had a procharger, I helped him out and posted it on here for sale. I should have got it from him not helped sell it lol! But I also had bought a blow up powerdyne s/c and rebuilt it myself and then decided it would be to much work to make it work on a corvette front accessory drive setup on my 5.3L. Although I did test it on the SS and it worked pretty good, but I decided to sell it to help fund the 6.0L build which has now happened! Yah! :D I like you idea on painting the intake cover maybe I'll buy another top cover for the intake to experiment with I'll check and see what they go for. But right now I want to get some opinions on what would be some cool valve covers to get.

I've been seeing some on ebay they go for like under 100 bucks the the polished or aluminum finish and they have the one where u mount the coils on top of the cover or without the mounting hole either one looks great in my opinion I believe I'm going to be ordering some for my 6.0 pretty soon cant wait to get started on it. Also yeah u should of bought it from ur friend that with a 6.0 fully bolt on in the 69 easy low 12s maybe even high 11s if u sacrificed some stuff. Check those covers out I think they're a pretty good deal.

I've been seeing some on ebay they go for like under 100 bucks the the polished or aluminum finish and they have the one where u mount the coils on top of the cover or without the mounting hole either one looks great in my opinion I believe I'm going to be ordering some for my 6.0 pretty soon cant wait to get started on it. Also yeah u should of bought it from ur friend that with a 6.0 fully bolt on in the 69 easy low 12s maybe even high 11s if u sacrificed some stuff. Check those covers out I think they're a pretty good deal.

I'll check them out!

Started the 5.3L pull last night, but the guy that bought the 5.3L wants all the stock valve-train reinstalled, so I'm about halfway done doing the valve springs and I've already got the stock cam back in. After that I'll do a final test run and then pull the motor out completely.

Also the Circle-D Converter finally shipped just this morning.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)