Ss Toy Model?

Jdawg

Does anyone know where I can find a scale model replica of a Chevy SS?? I have searched numerous diecast toy model sites and no one seems to have a model of a Chevy Silverado SS......what a shame!!! I would love to have a scale model of my truck, but it seems as though no one sells them. If anyone know's of a website that sells SS toy models, please let me know!!!! Thanks!!!!! rolleyes.gif

I am into Brass Model Trains and know some model makers who build ships, own commercial buildings with Railroad Models, etc. I just happen to speak with someone in the model business last week about a custom order for trains that I am trying to put together for a train club and I need at least 50 orders for that, I am guessing the same for an SS model truck. Im going to ask him about this though (Id like an opening hood, underhood details, underframe details). I would need some serious interest and it wont be cheap either. Thats the tough spot.

I think were stuck with the matchbox type so far. An R/C car would be fun to paint and model after an SS.

I am into Brass Model Trains and know some model makers who build ships, own commercial buildings with Railroad Models, etc. I just happen to speak with someone in the model business last week about a custom order for trains that I am trying to put together for a train club and I need at least 50 orders for that, I am guessing the same for an SS model truck. Im going to ask him about this though (Id like an opening hood, underhood details, underframe details). I would need some serious interest and it wont be cheap either. Thats the tough spot.

I think were stuck with the matchbox type so far. An R/C car would be fun to paint and model after an SS.

they do make a SSS rc car

I actually do have a Matchbox "Chevy Silverado SS" still in the orginal package, very rare to find.

Do you have the Superfast one or the 1:64 scale size SS model from Matchbox.....I am looking at both right now and Ive been reading that there were only 15,500 made for the "superfast" models

they do make a SSS rc car

No kidding, any idea what company it is? I use to race R/C's but that was when I was a tiny kid.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Do you have the Superfast one or the 1:64 scale size SS model from Matchbox.....I am looking at both right now and Ive been reading that there were only 15,500 made for the "superfast" models

No kidding, any idea what company it is? I use to race R/C's but that was when I was a tiny kid.

I have 3 of the SS r/c trucks. They are the Intimidator version. I still have one in the box the other 2 are being used for something else that I have been working onph34r.gif

Just look on ebay..

There is a guy on ebay that had some christmas tree ornaments (basiclly a matchbox). most of them had weird paint jobs. there was one that looked like kellyperformace's truck i think he ended up getting one after i told him so he maybe able to tell you the guys ebay name ..... chris

here are some matchbox

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=silverado+ss&_sacat=222&_dmpt=Diecast_Vehicles&_odkw=&_osacat=222&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313#

Edited by 1stimeSSguy (see edit history)

I have 3 of the SS r/c trucks. They are the Intimidator version. I still have one in the box the other 2 are being used for something else that I have been working onph34r.gif

Just look on ebay..

It's too bad that it is the r/c truck....However, since I can't really find any other models I guess that would be the closest thing! Do you have any pictuers of them? I may actually be interested in buying one off of you...

Sorry not selling any of them right now. But they made a ISS version and a Jesse James version. The Jesse James one does burnouts and has fake smoke that pours out. The ISS on has a little more detail to it. I took the 2 apart to make one and the other one is being used for........................... ninja.gif

I've got the Jesses James version. RC with working lights, opening tonneau cover and MP3 compatible. Bought it at Wal-mart a couple years ago. Also have a smaller one that's RC also and has blue lights on the wheels. Don't remember where I got that one. And I have 3 matchboc size ones that I bought at Target for a couple bucks each. I'll try o put up some pics tomorrow if I get a chance.

i've got an iss one i got for 20 bucks and had it painted blue its sitting on top of my tv. my gf was like wtf when i brought it home and took it apart because she wanted to play with it and i was like idc if it works i bought it to paint and display