Help With 6Lug Drag Wheels

Mike Frey

hey guys. im looking on any suggestions for some cheap 6 lug drag wheels that are light so i can use them at the dragstrip..

Went last night and couldnt hook up for noting with my 20's with nexen 275/45/20. spun all the way to the 60 foot before i could hookbanghead.gif .

any help on were to find some will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Mike

hey guys. im looking on any suggestions for some cheap 6 lug drag wheels that are light so i can use them at the dragstrip..

Went last night and couldnt hook up for noting with my 20's with nexen 275/45/20. spun all the way to the 60 foot before i could hookbanghead.gif .

any help on were to find some will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Mike

cheap and drag wheels are two things that you shouldnt use in the same sentence. especially when pushing around 6,000lbs of truck.

bogart will make you anything you want, they are not ridiculously expensive, and they are LIGHT. if youre serious about dragracing, bogart is where its at. plus they hold their value very very well, and should you go with a different vehicle/axle, they can put in new bolt sections for you.

cheap and drag wheels are two things that you shouldnt use in the same sentence. especially when pushing around 6,000lbs of truck.

bogart will make you anything you want, they are not ridiculously expensive, and they are LIGHT. if youre serious about dragracing, bogart is where its at. plus they hold their value very very well, and should you go with a different vehicle/axle, they can put in new bolt sections for you.

didnt litterally mean "cheap" drag wheels. im just tight on money right now. lol can u tell me how to contact bogart or get ahold of him bro?

if ur low on money, dont cheap out. wait til u have the money in hand. dont take it to the track if u have a hard time hooking until u can afford the drags. no point in breaking something if u dont have the money to fix it

go find some cheap ass stock aluminum 16's and get some et streets .

Exactly...WTF is up with all the "Don't cheap out or you'll regret it" crap? Pretty much all the fastest LSX powered trucks out there run the stock 16s with some form of DR or slick. I'm pretty sure the LSX truck record holder ran his fastest pass on a set of stock 16s...

Exactly...WTF is up with all the "Don't cheap out or you'll regret it" crap? Pretty much all the fastest LSX powered trucks out there run the stock 16s with some form of DR or slick. I'm pretty sure the LSX truck record holder ran his fastest pass on a set of stock 16s...

If your refering to Flaco both his trucks are on bogarts. fwiw

You are RWD, you will need at least a 17" rim. I have a set of steel Cragars that I use, they are pretty cheap, like $70 each. An inexpensive rim is fine, spend the money on a decent DR or slick....

thats what i was gonna do was get the stock 17in chevy wheels. the 5 star ones. and get mickey thompson et streets. and on those cragars were did u find em at man? i can only find the 5lug ones.

thats what i was gonna do was get the stock 17in chevy wheels. the 5 star ones. and get mickey thompson et streets. and on those cragars were did u find em at man? i can only find the 5lug ones.

I bought my DRs and rims from another member here, they were only used once, so I scooped them up. I know that Summit Racing sells them, and they do have them in the 6 x 5.5 bolt pattern.......just not sure of the offset.....

one thing to consider . depending on gearing and future mods . youl want a tie that will put you near 3rd gear redline .

also take note that depending on the width of the tire . you may want to have the stock rims widened up a bit (they can do this for a decent price . usually only adds width to the inside they appear to be stock.

You are RWD, you will need at least a 17" rim. I have a set of steel Cragars that I use, they are pretty cheap, like $70 each. An inexpensive rim is fine, spend the money on a decent DR or slick....

This is NOT true! A 16" rim WILL fit on the rear of a RWD truck just fine. That is what I run my DR's on........

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)