Any Luck Using Wheel Spacers?

ERAMOS08

IS ANYONE RUNNING WHEEL SPACERS AND WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF HAVING THEM?

ARE THEY GONNA MAKE MY TRUCK SHAKE AT HIGH SPEED?

THE REASON WHY I ASK IS AFTER SERCHING LOOK AND HARD I FINALLY FOUND THE WHEELS I WANT FOR MY TRUCK. WHEN I CALL THE COMPANY THEY TELL ME THAT THE 24" WHEEL THAT I WANT HAS A +35 OFFSET AND WONT WORK WITH THE TRUCK UNLESS I PUT A SPACER.

IS ANYONE RUNNING WHEEL SPACERS AND WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF HAVING THEM?

ARE THEY GONNA MAKE MY TRUCK SHAKE AT HIGH SPEED?

THE REASON WHY I ASK IS AFTER SERCHING LOOK AND HARD I FINALLY FOUND THE WHEELS I WANT FOR MY TRUCK. WHEN I CALL THE COMPANY THEY TELL ME THAT THE 24" WHEEL THAT I WANT HAS A +35 OFFSET AND WONT WORK WITH THE TRUCK UNLESS I PUT A SPACER.

depends on the size of the spacer. if you put to big of one it puts pressure on the bearings and they will wear out quicker

I'm running a .25" spacer because otherwise my wheels will hit my brake calipers. So far I have no issues but .25" is absolutely as big of a spacer as you could go IMO

holty does that spacer create any vibrations or other issues? also did you have to put longer studs for the lug nuts?

• 3 years later...

I put 1/4'' wheel spacers on my SS and theres still tons of stud. It's hard to notice i even have them on there. If you want something noticeable I would go with 1.0'' wheel spacers, the ones that bolt on. I dont know if they would make the tires rub tho? People say spacers are hard on front end components, but i have 2.0'' bolt-on wheel spacers on my 2004 Silverado Z71 (winter truck) with 33'' tires and have never had any wheel bearing or front end issues.