P0758 Shift Solenoid B Electrical

ok so my trans started sticking in 3rd when it was in drive, I can manually downshift but still only have 2nd and 3rd. it doesnt do it all the time but its still a problem. I checked the codes and I have a P0758 Shift Solenoid B Electrical. before I figured this out I bought a 4L60 from a 01 silverado, then I was told its not the same as my 03 and wont work F%$#!!!! it was a factory reman that supposedly only has 40k, now I dunno what to do with it question.gif anyways I found out it wont fit after I bought my B&M shift kit that wont work on my ss trans, but will work on the trans that wont work in my ss go figure.

So has anyone here had this P0758 Shift Solenoid B Electrical problem? does anyone know what the part # for this solenoid is? it seems it like it would be alot cheaper and easier then rebuilding or changing transmisions.

I did buy the B&M deep dish transmision, the servo kit, the B&M Trans cooler with electric fan, and Royal purple trans fuid, havent installed anything yet, waiting on getting the info to get this solenoid. any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

ok so my trans started sticking in 3rd when it was in drive, I can manually downshift but still only have 2nd and 3rd. it doesnt do it all the time but its still a problem. I checked the codes and I have a P0758 Shift Solenoid B Electrical. before I figured this out I bought a 4L60 from a 01 silverado, then I was told its not the same as my 03 and wont work F%$#!!!! it was a factory reman that supposedly only has 40k, now I dunno what to do with it question.gif anyways I found out it wont fit after I bought my B&M shift kit that wont work on my ss trans, but will work on the trans that wont work in my ss go figure.

So has anyone here had this P0758 Shift Solenoid B Electrical problem? does anyone know what the part # for this solenoid is? it seems it like it would be alot cheaper and easier then rebuilding or changing transmisions.

I did buy the B&M deep dish transmision, the servo kit, the B&M Trans cooler with electric fan, and Royal purple trans fuid, havent installed anything yet, waiting on getting the info to get this solenoid. any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

See other post for link. By the way, Valvoline fluid is just fine. Keep ur money by buying Royal Purple

I don't know why you think changing a shift solenoid is such a big deal, the solenoid is very easy when compared to swapping transmissions. AllData gives 1 hour of labor to change the solenoid, all you need to drop is the trans pan and filter, thats all. The solenoid part number is 24230298 and costs $24.63 at your local dealer's parts counter......

I don't know why you think changing a shift solenoid is such a big deal, the solenoid is very easy when compared to swapping transmissions. AllData gives 1 hour of labor to change the solenoid, all you need to drop is the trans pan and filter, thats all. The solenoid part number is 24230298 and costs $24.63 at your local dealer's parts counter......

Thanks for the info, when I bought the new trans I had no idea it was just a solenoid, really appreciate you getting me that part # ty

Reading everything you have posted there, you have more problems than just that code. You can replace that solenoid, but they are rarely the problem.

Questions:

Why in the world would you buy a B&M shift kit?

Why won't the shift kit you bought work in an SS trans?

Why won't your 01' trans work in an 03'?

Why would you need the part number? (the place you buy from should be able to look it up for you)

I had that code and only that code in my truck... turned out it was just two of the wires in the round 20 way connector that came loose and had intermitten contact. after getting a replacement plug and sodering it in I have not had any problems thereafter.