Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Guys I found someone with a 2008 z-51,z-55 does someone know if the calipers will work?I think the z-51 was a gran sport.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Like I said, I don't know the part numbers, but everything I've read on the Corvette forums, the pics I've seen of them, and even on wikipedia say they are the same just a different color.

Found this on google. Somebody got a sweet deal.

http://m.corvettefor...-sale-sold.html

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to do the conversion. I only have four front sets left. I have more than a few rear sets. I may end up after all making more front brackets. I was not planning on making any more but I have more hardware for the front kits than I believed I did. When I bought everything from dkkustoms he had already purchased the hardware and I misunderstood how much there really was. If I do make more it won't be for a couple of months and unless I have several pre-orders I'm still not sure I will make more . I've got a lot on my plate right now and just don't have the time or the money to have wrapped up in these brackets.

How has this thread not become a sticky yet? Or is it....?

This has been one of those projects ive been DYING to finish and install on my truck. But it keeps getting pushed back for other projects, but now my stock pads are getting pretty damn low, and its either buy another set of pads, or just suck it up and get this mod done!

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to do the conversion. I only have four front sets left. I have more than a few rear sets. I may end up after all making more front brackets. I was not planning on making any more but I have more hardware for the front kits than I believed I did. When I bought everything from dkkustoms he had already purchased the hardware and I misunderstood how much there really was. If I do make more it won't be for a couple of months and unless I have several pre-orders I'm still not sure I will make more . I've got a lot on my plate right now and just don't have the time or the money to have wrapped up in these brackets.

lol I bought mine just in time than! Hey I have a question, will these brackets work with the zr1 calipers?

lol I bought mine just in time than! Hey I have a question, will these brackets work with the zr1 calipers?

no, they are different... youd need different rotors, the brackets need to be heavily modified... we have done it but it took 1. custom 2 pc rotors and 2. heavy modification of the brackets, which isnt a great idea on a billet bracket like that... ended up making new ones. its possible, but for what it took you might as well have done a Baer kit it ends up cheaper anyways. plus its just as much swept area, and the 6S rotor is only .5" smaller than the ones we ended up making. to each his own though, this guy really wanted ZR1 brakes lol

no, they are different... youd need different rotors, the brackets need to be heavily modified... we have done it but it took 1. custom 2 pc rotors and 2. heavy modification of the brackets, which isnt a great idea on a billet bracket like that... ended up making new ones. its possible, but for what it took you might as well have done a Baer kit it ends up cheaper anyways. plus its just as much swept area, and the 6S rotor is only .5" smaller than the ones we ended up making. to each his own though, this guy really wanted ZR1 brakes lol

Haha yeah too much hassle for me. I really want c6 brakes so I guess it looks like I'm going with red and changing my pin stripe from blue or going to pay to have the calipers painted/coated blue. I think I seen on a different thread you have a kit there at your shop? How much for the calipers and to have them changed to blue? If you have them of course

Haha yeah too much hassle for me. I really want c6 brakes so I guess it looks like I'm going with red and changing my pin stripe from blue or going to pay to have the calipers painted/coated blue. I think I seen on a different thread you have a kit there at your shop? How much for the calipers and to have them changed to blue? If you have them of course

well yeah we have a kit here in stock in red. they also come from GM in yellow and silver (grand sport comes with silver, yellow came on certain editions of 427s and such). we can paint them whatever blue you need and still have the OEM logos/circles on the face of the caliper, or we can put whatever you want on the caliper (like silverado ss, etc).

OR if dentguy still has his Baer 6S kit for sale, it was in ZR1 caliper blue... and damn near brand new. i was gunna buy them but i have BBK on top of BBK i dont need them- it was so i could be lazy and not have any down time changing my SSS brakes to match my paint scheme from red LOL. he wanted $3k i think which is about what youd have into a complete Z06 with brackets rotors calipers and everything... not to mention the Baer 6S has a NOTICEABLE larger swept braking area than the C6Z brake kits, they tend to "waste" a good part of the 15" rotors. i dunno if he still has them, but they are posted online here FS with pics.