Z06 Brake Brackets

rudy91040

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that may be of interest to those who have swapped over to the Z06 calipers, instead of using the padlets, there are one piece pads available and are supposedly a good upgrade. It would appear that you would gain quite a bit of pad surface area, but supposedly they are also a lot more stable (don't move around as much). You do have to remove the inner caliper pins to use them though. They are made by Carbotech and MTI Racing handles them: http://www.mtiracing.com/purchase/2005-200...c-compound.html

They are little on the pricey side of things, but I may give them a try when I wear the Hawk's out as they also supposedly wear quite a bit better and extend the rotor life 2 to 3 times.

Here is a description from MTI's website:

The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser, and has won multiple SCCA Solo 2 and Prosolo National Championships. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. Bobcat 1521™ compound has also been found to extend the life of your rotors 2-3 times. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

These are Single-backing plate pads. These provide a larger brake pad surface area and more consistent brake wear compared to the factory individual padlets setup. Removal of the inner caliper pins is required.

Front: $269 | Rear: $228

Sorry haven't been around to answer questions, been on a ski trip with no Internet. As of this moment nobody makes a 6 piston caliper, but I am working on it. I should have a protypes for the 4 and 6 piston in my hands in the next week or two unless something comes up. Damn work and life keep getting in the way of me playing.

Good info on the one piece pads Bear.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depending on a few different factors, should be mid to late July.

Rudy let me know when they are available for purchase so I can buy a full set (front and rears) and i can pick them up since I only live 5 min away from you. Thanks.

• 1 year later...