Z06 Brake Brackets

rudy91040

So I've been getting more than a couple of people asking about the ZO6 brake brackets I'm selling. So here it is. I'll try to make a write up for the how-to section of this forum to show how I installed them.

What you see in the pictures, is what you will get. The brackets are CNC milled from one solid piece of billet T6. It is then tumbled twice and hard coat anodized. All the hardware to mount the caliper to the adapter and the adapter to the spindle are included. All the hardware is grade 10.9.

They are almost identical to supsub's brackets. The only difference is that the outer corners have been radiused to prevent any interference while mounting the bracket to the spindle.

They are designed to work with Baer 15" Eradispeed rotors without rubbing of the rotor "hat" or having to grind the 6 piston ZO6 calipers for clearance, while utilizing the maximum amount of pad contact.

For the best price on rotors I'm told supersub on this forum is the man to see and has a great price.

The adapters are currently only available for the front and are designed to work with stock spindles. They also fit some Beltech drop spindles without modifications. There have been some people that have successfully modified the brackets to fit other aftermarket drop spindles.

The parts required to do the swap are the adapters, calipers, rotors, banjo bolts and crush washers. Thats it. While you have everything apart I'd suggest braided stainless brake lines as well.

The total price is $200.00. The price includes the adpaters, hardware, paypal fees, insurance, and USPS priority shipping (in most cases). I also take checks but will take longer for the funds to clear.

There is a currently limited number of these available. I may have more made if the demand is there. I'm also working on rear brackets that allow the use of a 4 piston or 6 piston caliper for the rear, but no set date for when they will be available.

I usually can ship within a couple of days of the funds clearing in most cases. But please be aware guys, I'm just like you guys. I'm not a big company. Its just me. I will try to answer an questions as quick as I can.

If you are interested in obtaining a set pm me with your paypal address.

Rudy

img52993.jpg

img5298w.jpg

img5300k.jpg

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These brackets were designed for the GMT800 platform but I've been told by a very reliable source that they will fit the GMT900 platform as well. These brackets will work on AWD or 2wd. They are designed for stock spindles, but they bolt on to some Belltech drop spindles with no problems. The McGaughy spindle is slightly different. From what I've seen others do, the bracket holes need to be elongated and the spindle needs to be ground down as well. There are members on here that have already made it work.

The reason it looks different from the ones you've seen is because there aren't as many of this style out there. The ones you've seen are most likely made by JYD. They are designed to be used on a 14" rotor, but there is a lot of the pad hanging off the rotor. You can make them work on a 15" rotor but it requires removing material from the rotor or the caliper. So Ray (supersub) figured a way to make the Z06 calipers work on a 15" rotor without having to grind or machine anything. He only made 14 sets and stopped. I'm making a slightly modified version of his design. Some of the edges are rounded to clear the factory casting on the spindles. Also, from the pics I've seen, the JYD bracket looks to be multiple pieces. The bracket I'm making is machined from one solid piece of billet. It costs a little more to produce but in my opinion its worth it for the added strength and reliability. I'm a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. motto. Less parts means less things to go wrong.

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

Are these for the 05-07 2WD truck or the 03-05 AWD trucks? They look alot different from the ones nornally for sale on the SS website. Are these design specifically for drop spindles?

Both. the mods to make them fit a belltech spindle are easy. i used a rotary file on the bracket holes to make it sort of adjustable. i also used a grinder and stone wheel on the inside 'webbing' of the spindle to make more clearance. i have the inside bridge of the caliper about 1/16" away from the outside edge of the 15" rotors. stop great. im getting ready to do the rear 4 piston 14" matching conversion!

those were made to use the 14" poweslot rotors, but all it takes is a very small amount of grinding with a dremel to make them work on the 15" rotors. very easy to do either way whichever set you choose. just a hair more involved than your standard brake job. :cool:

take it from someone who has done the 15" rotor setup with supersub's brackets.... $200 IS A STEAL!!!

The brackets look badass! I hope you keep on making them in the future. This is a great mod to our trucks and is definetly an eye catcher!!

IMG_1452.jpg

Edited by Supercharged06SS (see edit history)

Oh, so the 4 piston will not bolt to these? What do I do for the rear? or what did you do? JYD?

he is selling the front brackets only. Those will work for the 6 piston front calipers. at $200 it is an awesome deal for the front brackets.

No one is currently making the rear brackets. If you can find them, they are gold. JYD was the only one who made them. The rear brackets only utilize the 4 piston rear Z06 calipers, just like on the car.

Thanks for the help. Are these yours than? Can you tell?

he is selling the front brackets only. Those will work for the 6 piston front calipers. at $200 it is an awesome deal for the front brackets.

No one is currently making the rear brackets. If you can find them, they are gold. JYD was the only one who made them. The rear brackets only utilize the 4 piston rear Z06 calipers, just like on the car.

post-19491-1262064858_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help. Are these yours than? Can you tell?

those are the rear brackets that I used to have, but sold them awhile ago before doing the swap.

The front brackets that I have on my truck are the same ones that are being sold in this post for $200. The ones in that picture you posted are the JYD ones.