Lq9 Swap!

silverado_ss_04

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like how it says "will franks lq9". thats exciting will. you will become the first "true rcsb SS"

ur gonna have EVERY little thing done to make it real lol

Nope! "Imposstor ss" had the first RCSB SS and did a great job on it too :chevy:

lq4 and lq9 are different but its still oem....and is there that much of a differnece between the two motors that lq4's are now junk??? i dont think so 6.0l is still good compared to my POS 4.3.....

you said OEM the SSS did not have a LQ4 so I was just clarifying. I never implied that the LQ4 was junk and yes there is a power difference between the 2.

lq4 and lq9 are different but its still oem....and is there that much of a differnece between the two motors that lq4's are now junk??? i dont think so 6.0l is still good compared to my POS 4.3.....

you said OEM the SSS did not have a LQ4 so I was just clarifying. I never implied that the LQ4 was junk and yes there is a power difference between the 2.

:withstupid: LQ4's are not junk - they are part-for-part identical to the LQ9 *except* for dished pistons to lower the compression ratio; LQ4's are great base platforms for boosted applications and/or forged motors, and it's a teriffic upgrade to the 4.3.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

:withstupid: LQ4's are not junk - they are part-for-part identical to the LQ9 *except* for dished pistons to lower the compression ratio; LQ4's are great base platforms for boosted applications and/or forged motors, and it's a teriffic upgrade to the 4.3.

Mr. P.

depends on the year of the engine.... some of the older LQ9s came with the beefier rods like the LS2.