Transmission Work

Yeah I was thinking of doing a how-to when I did mine, but you would need a whole family of how-tos, one for the Zippy kit, another for the transgo kit, another for the servos. The TransGo kit is *supposed* to come with an instructional video although I never got one with my purchase from JAG Performance; but instead Joe did share his cel phone number!

Mr. P. :)

Yeah I was thinking of doing a how-to when I did mine, but you would need a whole family of how-tos, one for the Zippy kit, another for the transgo kit, another for the servos.  The TransGo kit is *supposed* to come with an instructional video although I never got one with my purchase from JAG Performance; but instead Joe did share his cel phone number!

TransGo has two different lines...one directed to the do-it-yourself consumer and one directed towards the technician, which also explains why they have two package variations. The shift kits we sell are those for the technician and therefor do not come with a video and is why we don't advertise it being sold with one. In place of the video we give you Joe's cell number.

Yeah I was thinking of doing a how-to when I did mine, but you would need a whole family of how-tos, one for the Zippy kit, another for the transgo kit, another for the servos.  The TransGo kit is *supposed* to come with an instructional video although I never got one with my purchase from JAG Performance; but instead Joe did share his cel phone number!

TransGo has two different lines...one directed to the do-it-yourself consumer and one directed towards the technician, which also explains why they have two package variations. The shift kits we sell are those for the technician and therefor do not come with a video and is why we don't advertise it being sold with one. In place of the video we give you Joe's cell number.

i was going to post this also to explain, but i forgot. as stated, the one with the video is pretty much for standard retail with a fancy box, video and all. the one most trans places you'll find such as jag carry the normal one which is just based on the parts you need.

i was going to post this also to explain, but i forgot. as stated, the one with the video is pretty much for standard retail with a fancy box, video and all. the one most trans places you'll find such as jag carry the normal one which is just based on the parts you need.

Just so everyone reading this is clear - I am not displeased at all with JAG Performance or in the products I purchased (the opposite, I love it); the topic discussed here was making a how-to on shift kit installation and I was only speaking to the point that I know there is already a installation video available from TransGo for their shift-kit.

shift kit:

Superior Shift Kit

servo's:

Billet Servos

where did you get your kit?

Zippy

who installed it for you?

First time - me and some friends from the site

2nd time - The Toy Shop Performance Transmissions

uses of the truck?

Daily Driver, Show Truck (in progress), and the occasional trip to the drag strip

what torque converter do you have?

Trailblazer Torque Converter

any other transmission modifications you have done/had done to your truck...

HD tranny cooler w/ electirc fan

The trans was disassembled, rebuilt, and bulletproofed by The Toy Shop Performance Transmissions in Pomona California 909-620-5849 :thumbs:

Edited by dylanvonkleist (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

shift kit: Superior shift correction kit

servo's: Billet

where did you get your kit? Zippy Performance

who installed it for you? Zippy and his crew

uses of the truck? Daily Driver, showing off for slower trucks!

what torque converter do you have? :driving: Trailblazer

These mods are so nice! I can feel them so much, it is worth every penny and all the hours spent under the truck. I might even firm up my shifts a bit more :devil:

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Shift kit: transgo HD2

Servos: billet 1st 2nd 3rd 4th OD

who installed: yet to be installed: tryin to find a good how to, or take it down to toy shop and have em beef it up

torque converter: once i get my truck into toy shop ill buy a yank 2600tt

• 11 months later...

shift kit: Transgo HD-2 series C

servo's: TCI Billit 2nd-4th

where did you get your kit? Transmission Kings, Riverside, Ca

who installed it for you? A certified GM Trans Tech from the dealer

uses of the truck? DD/Strip

what torque converter do you have? Precision Industries Vigilante 10.5" 3000 stall multi-clutch tripple disk

any other transmission modifications you have done/had done to your truck... Replaced the plastic pistons to aluminum, Tru-Cool Max transmission cooler, Tuning

• 2 months later...

shift kit: Trango 4L60E-HD2

servos: Sonnax 2nd gear super hold part#77911-03K, Sonnax 4th gear super hold part#77767k, 2-4 band pin set at .075in.

where did you get your kit?: ebay

who intstalled it?: myself at the shop on a twin post rack, ASE master auto, L1, ASE master engine machinist

use of truck: daily driver

torque converter: Trailblazer I6 part#24228708

other modifications: Tuned trans calibration myself via EFI live, stock pressures, .1 sec shift times on 2nd and 3rd shifts on all

tables, other trans tables modified by trial and error. Plastic accumulator pistons replaced with aluminum

GM part#24204496. Tow/haul mode set with no tcc lock up. Tru-Cool max cooler part#4739-1 painted

black connected with 3/8 in flare fittings. Zero torque management. 5000 miles so far without blowing up.

Edited by SS TRCK (see edit history)

• 2 years later...