• Cheapest- uncoated bracket only
  2. 2. Which would you prefer?

• 6 piston rear bracket
    • 4 piston rear bracket

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now how would this compare to the wilwood? That's what I was looking at doing? I know half the price, but anyone have any other aspects of comparison?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Clamping power is much less in he corvette set up vs willwood and Baer. Also, gm uses 6 equal size pistons, which is horrible for pedal feel. Willwood and Baer use 3 different sized piston on each caliper for better pad wear, pedal feel, and pedal modulation.

Just because they are six piston doesn't make them a performance caliper. However if you use your break calipers like an on/off switch it doesn't matter

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Clamping power is much less in he corvette set up vs willwood and Baer. Also, gm uses 6 equal size pistons, which is horrible for pedal feel. Willwood and Baer use 3 different sized piston on each caliper for better pad wear, pedal feel, and pedal modulation. Just because they are six piston doesn't make them a performance caliper. However if you use your break calipers like an on/off switch it doesn't matter Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

x2 in the end of the day u get what u paid for thoses brands have done extensive research and prove them self to be a top notch contender roots deep in the racing world .but when u need stop and every inch counts lmfao

btw this guys brackets dkkustoms and rudy are two diffrent persons lol this thread has been dead for about 4 years lol

heres rudys thread

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/topic/64830-z06-brake-conversion/page-10?hl=%20rudy%20%20zo6%20%20brackets

Edited by hpjunky (see edit history)

Dkkustoms is on the brackets I just got from Rudy if you go back in the thread Rudy's I think is selling dkkustoms brackets because of liability reasons you have to sign a release form to buy the brackets in case you f@ck up a hit something so do it right the first time. And RB. Is for rich b@sterds. Other guys here got me doing it hope I cleared things up for ya. And I know these company's might make better brakes but I like the corvette ones and I would never spend that much for brakes I'm not gonna race the truck i just wanna stop better then stock and look better doing it

Which would provide better stopping power? Corvette brake kit, or hydro boost mod?

I'm sure for the money, hydro boost is where it's at, but the corvettes just look cooler. Idk.

im gonna do both that will be the hot setup.

Is there any chance of a full kit that can be put together and sold? Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I've got a lot of time and money invested in just the brackets and hardware. I'd have to take a loan out to stock calipers and rotors. Also, some prefer to save a few bucks on calipers and buy used.

I have hunted high and low go to number1gmparts.com for the calipers and banjo nuts and washers and pads and pins. then go directly to baer for the rotors. if I was Rudy I would not supply a kit it would cost to much and he would have to mark it up to make a profit which would cost you more. this is the best deal your going to get that's why he doesn't make a kit these parts I found are brand new but it's around 2000 to 2500 for complete set front and back that's not bad compared to aftermarket kits that would cost double or more.

Exactly

Plus, thats the beauty in this brake kit. You can piece it together little by little until its done. You dont have to come up with 2200 bucks right away. But yeah, compared to 4500 for brembo, wilwood, and baer kits, this one takes the cake.

Took the words out of my mouth. Piece meal projects as I call them.

Now how would this compare to the wilwood? That's what I was looking at doing? I know half the price, but anyone have any other aspects of comparison? Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

While I don't have any side by side comparisons, I know this. Most Corvette guys that track their cars ditch the stock stuff and upgrade their brake system. While the Z06 caliper conversion is a good upgrade, I can honestly say it is not the best. Its way better than the undersized stock stuff, but it is not the best. The best bang for the buck as far as single use/panic stops go, hydroboost is the answer. But if you are pushing your brakes hard racing or stopping a heavy load, you will cook your brakes faster with a hydroboost. Remember, the Z06 conversion isn't just about the calipers. You are also using a larger and better cooling rotor.

Yeah when ya need brake pads the dealer might have them verse having to special order as shipping prices rise.

I'd bet the dealership price would be higher than online plus shipping. Also, the stock pads are not that popular for a reason. There are more than a few better options.

Clamping power is much less in he corvette set up vs willwood and Baer. Also, gm uses 6 equal size pistons, which is horrible for pedal feel. Willwood and Baer use 3 different sized piston on each caliper for better pad wear, pedal feel, and pedal modulation. Just because they are six piston doesn't make them a performance caliper. However if you use your break calipers like an on/off switch it doesn't matter Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Can't say anything about clamping power, but I do know/agree about pad wear. On calipers with same size pistons, the leading piston pads always wear out sooner.

Which would provide better stopping power? Corvette brake kit, or hydro boost mod?

I'm sure for the money, hydro boost is where it's at, but the corvettes just look cooler. Idk.

As stated above, The best bang for the buck as far as single use/panic stops go, hydroboost is the

answer. But if you are pushing your brakes hard racing or stopping a

heavy load, you will cook your brakes faster with a hydroboost.

Remember, the Z06 conversion isn't just about the calipers. You are

also using a larger and better cooling rotor.

Dafuq is this RB shit? And money is an issue but I also have health problems and don't do a lot myself anymore so I spend a little more Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

If you have stock spindles, have basic hand tools and only slightly mechanically inclined, you can do the conversion. The front is really easy. So easy, I get emails from people asking if they did something wrong. It only takes a little longer than a normal brake job. Bleeding them takes longer than anything. For the rears, its not hard. Just have to take your time and trim a little at a time. It is more labor intensive, but by no means hard.

x2

in the end of the day u get what u paid for thoses brands have done

extensive research and prove them self to be a top notch contender roots

deep in the racing world .but when u need stop and every inch counts

lmfao

btw this guys brackets dkkustoms and rudy are two diffrent persons lol this thread has been dead for about 4 years lol

heres rudys thread

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/topic/64830-z06-brake-conversion/page-10?hl=%20rudy%20%20zo6%20%20brackets

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even know this thread existed any more. If anyone has anymore questions, they should post in the how-to. That way others that have the same questions or concerns might see.

Dkkustoms

is on the brackets I just got from Rudy if you go back in the thread

Rudy's I think is selling dkkustoms brackets because of liability

reasons you have to sign a release form to buy the brackets in case you

f@ck up a hit something so do it right the first time. And RB. Is for

rich b@sterds. Other guys here got me doing it hope I cleared things up

for ya. And I know these company's might make better brakes but I like

the corvette ones and I would never spend that much for brakes I'm not

gonna race the truck i just wanna stop better then stock and look better

doing it

Yeah, I bought all of Dkkustoms stuff, already made brackets, program, raw materials, etc. I have the release to protect me but more so so that people will understand that your brakes are not something to be taken lightly. Also, like most services and upgrades, you have to periodically check torque specs, make sure nothing is rubbing, etc.

im gonna do both that will be the hot setup.

Make sure you don't having anything loose in your truck or it will go flying. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Currently I'm out of town for a few months. But right now I only have one set of fronts left and there are two people that say they want to put a deposit on them for when I get back but neither has sent payment. I honestly wasn't planning on making another run but I've been surprised by the amount of interest lately and I ended up having more hardware than I thought. So I may make another run of them. Not 100% sure either way.