Cai Dyno Wars Results

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the data for joe's SS (hazmat) he has the volant CAI, but these info should not be compared directly to the dyno info as it was done at a different place with different ambiant temps and different kPa.

I don't know what the kPa where for the day but the ambient temp was 64*

Grams/sec High 274.37 avg 222.58

MAP High 97 Avg. 96.6

MAF hrtz. High 10228 avg 9376

IAT High 68 avg 67

Once again this was done on the street

yes it did. . . . .

Anybody else surprised the figures for a drop in filter rival that of a $300 kit? Even torque and only a few HP shy.

Edit: Ok, 6 HP... but still

Also, was there a baseline done with a stock setup?

Edited by Blk06Limited (see edit history)

Anybody else surprised the figures for a drop in filter rival that of a $300 kit? Even torque and only a few HP shy.

Edit: Ok, 6 HP... but still

Also, was there a baseline done with a stock setup?

no we didnt have a stock filter at the time of the test only the stock intake tube/box

Art, that was cool that the guy dynoing his truck let you use his K&N since it was not part of the plan.

First post here. You guys have an awesome site here. Alot of good info and knowledge!

I had shown up for a tune in my 2003 Tahoe, and once I saw there wasn't a full K&N kit, I HAD to pull off mine (K&N 57-2023-1) just to see what it did. It seems to be a pretty popular kit and who knows when these guys would ever do a test like this again.

Art & Reynaldo, it was great meeting you guys!

Omar.

I pinned this topic for ya! Interesting results and alot of work going into it. I linked the initial post for the background info rather than merge the two topics (it will get real busy if we do that). Nice work guys :cheers:

I pinned this topic for ya! Interesting results and alot of work going into it. I linked the initial post for the background info rather than merge the two topics (it will get real busy if we do that). Nice work guys :cheers:

Cool im sure this will help a lot of new members.

hey Art do u guys plan on testing more intakes and adding more info in the future???

-Rob

First post here. You guys have an awesome site here. Alot of good info and knowledge!

I had shown up for a tune in my 2003 Tahoe, and once I saw there wasn't a full K&N kit, I HAD to pull off mine (K&N 57-2023-1) just to see what it did. It seems to be a pretty popular kit and who knows when these guys would ever do a test like this again.

Art & Reynaldo, it was great meeting you guys!

Omar.

glad to have met you Omar and thanks again for the missing link of the CAI tests :cheers: