Putting In A New Fuel Pump This Weekend

fast4popper

I am putting in a Walbor GSS340 this weekend. It seems the factory pump, although it has run boosted for over 20k miles, is starting to fatique. I ordered the walbro from Lingenfelter and plan on doing the install on friday night. just wondering if anyone has any hints on doin this? I will be using a lift and simply dropping the tank.

should i run a relay and power it direct from the battery to not starve it of amperage? I know i am the audio guy, but i dont know what kind of amperage the fuel pump pulls. I am thinking for good measure, i might as well just do it up.

Thanks in advance, and for good measure, i am finally doin my Mototron 60's and 05 Efans. should be a fun weekend for sure.

I just put mine in 3 weeks ago, and just splice the factory harness to the walbro and it seems to be working fine... no relay need...Make sure you have the right fuel hose that is submersible in gas, I think the rating is SAE 30R10. Good luck personally I though it was a PITA but that's probably because I didn't have all the right parts and had trouble getting the new hose to go over the walbro pump... Did yours come in a kit or anything or just the pump?I just put mine in 3 weeks ago, and just splice the factory harness to the walbro and it seems to be working fine... no relay need...Make sure you have the right fuel hose that is submersible in gas, I think the rating is SAE 30R10. Good luck personally I though it was a PITA but that's probably because I didn't have all the right parts and had trouble getting the new hose to go over the walbro pump... Did yours come in a kit or anything or just the pump?

I just put mine in 3 weeks ago, and just splice the factory harness to the walbro and it seems to be working fine... no relay need...Make sure you have the right fuel hose that is submersible in gas, I think the rating is SAE 30R10. Good luck personally I though it was a PITA but that's probably because I didn't have all the right parts and had trouble getting the new hose to go over the walbro pump... Did yours come in a kit or anything or just the pump?I just put mine in 3 weeks ago, and just splice the factory harness to the walbro and it seems to be working fine... no relay need...Make sure you have the right fuel hose that is submersible in gas, I think the rating is SAE 30R10. Good luck personally I though it was a PITA but that's probably because I didn't have all the right parts and had trouble getting the new hose to go over the walbro pump... Did yours come in a kit or anything or just the pump?

jinx

As easy as it is to do, pull the bed. Instead of dropping the tank.

Agreed. A few bolts, unplug the harness, undo the filler neck, and have a couple of friends lift it off. It's much easier than fighting the straps, lines, etc that can hardly be reached, and then lowering the tank.

Agreed pull the bed if possible.

My 95 Z71 was running bad enough that I took it to a mech friend. he traced it down to the fuel pump finally.

I said. Damn it's got a full tank of gas and he says, No prob! We pull the Bed off, it's way easier.

Good Luck on the pump

• 7 years later...

Not trying to thread jack but do yall know how much hp that pumps is rated for? Im in the middle of getting my snail put together. bout to order the fuel pump not sure which one to get. looking to put down 500awhp