So, Will there Be a new SS Silverado Soon?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I purchased my 06' SS the dealer told me that was the end of the SS's for a few years. When the 07' SS came out I called the sales mgr and asked what was up. I thought I had a 'last model year' truck. He told me the 07's were the 06's that never made it from GM to the dealers. Demand started deminishing as gas prices went up. GM decided to title and sell them as 07's. Kind of like rolling the dice again and hoping to get rid of the rest of the 06' manufactured SS's. Don't know if it's true but that was my info. If that's the case I wouldn't look for another SS for a few years. They do look just like my 06' :banghead:

I think the fact that all of the 07 SS trucks are classic body style says it all....Made from the spare parts heap.

I ended up trading my 05 ss for an 07 vmax. While it seems to have a little less hop off the line (for now) I am extremly happy with it.

Also, while some didnt like the awd, it was a needed comodity for me here in WI. At least with the vmax I can light up the tires.

I must admit though, I ditched the ss s1 week ago today and i still drive past the dealership everyday on te way home from work and see it parked front and center on their used lot.

Im sure some mods to my 07 will cure the pain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I was hoping GM would have a new SS for the 2008 model year. I'm in the market to buy one this coming year and had the fingers crossed.

Anyone have any updated news on this?

I would think this would be the web-site that I would find this info out, but have yet found anything on the new SS here.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Jim

I Called Chevrolet Customer Service. "There are no plans for an 08 Silverado SS, but that may change". does anyone have any more info. Az

Edited by Azmedian (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With what Az said.... I have been dealing with GM and Chevrolet corporate and both tell me that there are no plans for production of the SS Silverado in the next few years. That takes us into 2009 at least. Of course, thngs happen and plans change. But for what it's worth, that's the scoop I got.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Registered to see if there was any news for the 427 Silverado.

I drive a 2004 Ford Lightning, and I'm getting quite bored with it.

I honestly doubt you will see GM produce to sell that particular truck. I really hate to say it too. I would love to purchase that thing if they did though.

I'm thinking we will see a 6.2L SS Silverado. If they do, I would hope they would sell it supercharged with a 6L80E behind it. Would be really nice if they actually produced a pure performance truck that is SINGLE CAB! The extended cab version should be offered as well, but a least give the buyer the option.

Ford will be producing a 3rd Gen Lightning here soon. Probably in 2009. GM better have the balls to compete this time around.... I'm thinking both the new SSS and new Lightning will be put out for sale close to the same time. Until then, that will tell me what I will be buying next go around.

I'm leaning towards GM, but if Ford really breaks the ice this time around, I may have to switch back. The last Ford I owned was my favorite 93 GT black on black 5-speed. After I wrecked it, I didn't feel the same about the cars value anymore. That's when I sold it and gave GM a try. My first was a 2000 Silverado 5.3L Ext cab. It was mildly modded and gave me no issues from day one til I traded it. My previous 05' VHO, was a lemon from day one. I had way too many problems with it.

So now, I'm left not knowing what to buy this time. I'll wait to see.

Until then, good luck to all who are still in the mod war! :thumbs:

Jim

So now, I'm left not knowing what to buy this time. I'll wait to see.

Until then, good luck to all who are still in the mod war

I have one choice for you...You want the hidden SS?

G

M

C

Denali...

6.2L quad cab awd 6spd auto with 400hp to start. As quick or quicker than a VHO/SS...stack a MP122 on it for well over 500hp and call it a done deal...tuxedo black...I went and test drove one today...I keep talking about it and I think I just might do it...

I have one choice for you...You want the hidden SS?

G

M

C

Denali...

6.2L quad cab awd 6spd auto with 400hp to start. As quick or quicker than a VHO/SS...stack a MP122 on it for well over 500hp and call it a done deal...tuxedo black...I went and test drove one today...I keep talking about it and I think I just might do it...

I wouldn't mind one, but it really doesn't fit the bill for me. I really could care less for the added mass. I would like to buy a single cab SS. If they make one. Place that 6.2L in that....then we have some real potential.

The cheapest I found a GMC Denalli loaded, was $45,000 + TTL. That will put me out of being able to have money left over for mods. I would like to keep the cost down to around $35,000 tops for my next truck.

If GM fails to launch the next SS Silverado as a single cab, then I go to plan B. Make my own single cab SS. I haven't done any number figures yet, so I don't know if buying a new bodied single cab auto with a 4.8L will allow me to build a personalized 7.0L SS.

I will have to do some research to see if this is worth the time and money.

Untill the new SS arrives, I can only hope.

Jim