So, Will there Be a new SS Silverado Soon?

I was hoping GM would have a new SS for the 2008 model year. I'm in the market to buy one this coming year and had the fingers crossed.

Anyone have any updated news on this?

I would think this would be the web-site that I would find this info out, but have yet found anything on the new SS here.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Jim

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping GM would have a new SS for the 2008 model year. I'm in the market to buy one this coming year and had the fingers crossed.

I would think this would be the web-site that I would find this info out, but have yet found anything on the new SS here.

Jim

build your own!

http://www.wichitaracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44187

Thats another form that says this will be out with in the next year i think its sexy as hello

Is that the same truck that has the 427 in it?

If so, GM will never sell it. It will remain just like everyone is seeing it, a concept......

Jim

You can go here for info about the 2008 MY but GM will not release the 08 MY info until 30 APR 2007.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/

Cool thanks. I wonder if all 2008 vehicles will be listed under that? GM places some out later in the model year.

We'll see.

Jim

http://www.wichitaracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44187

Thats another form that says this will be out with in the next year i think its sexy as hello

this has to be like the tenth time in the past six months that someone has said this exact blue truck from sema is coming out! where the f is it then? stop the rumors people!!!!

Jim

You can check this site out...

It's still a concept but,who knows

they might build it...

www.Chevrolet Silverado427Concept.com

Edited by silverado05ss (see edit history)

You can go here for info about the 2008 MY but GM will not release the 08 MY info until 30 APR 2007.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/

Cool thanks. I wonder if all 2008 vehicles will be listed under that? GM places some out later in the model year.

We'll see.

Jim

Yes they do so we will have to wait and see. I look foward to that GM website every year. Save it under your favirotes. It is a handy reference guide.

Jim

build your own!

Build my own? It would be cheaper to buy one already made.

Add the price of a new RCSB Silverado V8 with leather, all the SS ground effects, painting, 6.2L 0r 7.0L engine, 6l80e tranny, wiring harnesses, wheels, suspension, and interior upgrades........Well, I think you get the picture. Way TOO much money spent!

I mean come on, you have to agree with me to a certain degree.

Jim

that 505 hp concept truck WILL NOT come out. first off if you examine the pictures, the parts used on that truck are amazing. baer 6 piston/15" 2 piece brakes, 22"s, the exhuast is a work of art, it probably has coilovers (front for sure, back who knows), and lets not forget the LS7 and T56. that truck would be some serious money. IMO it would sell great, it would be the truck of all trucks. hell it would be the truck of most cars too lol. if they were going to release it, it wouldnt have gotten seen so much. usually when they release something like that, they dont want others to see whats going on. didnt see too many concept Z06s or "blue devils", let alone the new viper. it pretty much came out of nowhere. just my 2 cents

my friend who works in the vette group said to save my money. there will be a 427/600hp silverado. Now to start saving.

That will be the day. I would love to see that. Way too far fetched to ever happen.

Jim

"...I believe him b..."

some parts from the 427 concept were made by W2W...and the blue devil has to be out, since it will be ussing it power plant and you know GM the vette will get it first

my friend who works in the vette group said to save my money. there will be a 427/600hp silverado. Now to start saving.

That will be the day. I would love to see that. Way too far fetched to ever happen.

Jim

"...I believe him b..."

some parts from the 427 concept were made by W2W...and the blue devil has to be out, since it will be ussing it power plant and you know GM the vette will get it first

It took forever before the blue devil was given a go but it is coming out. I know where the new throttle body the blue devil will use is going through. I think it's going to be a 120 mm TB. Wonder how that would perform on a blown SS :ughdance: