New SS

tonyrome

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading in a Truck Trend article where they were comparing the new Chevy Silverado and Toyota Tundra and they listed this info in the article:

Chevrolet Silverado

Engines

-4.3L V-6 (late availability) 260 hp/275 lb-ft

-4.8L V-8 (base engine, cast-iron) 295 hp/305 lb-ft

-5.3L V-8 (cast-aluminum block) 315 hp/338 lb-ft

-5.3L V-8 (cast-iron block) 315 hp/338 lb-ft

-6.0L V-8 (cast-iron block) 367 hp/375 lb-ft

-6.2L V-8 (cast-aluminum block) 400 hp/415 lb-ft (rumored for late usage in a performance package)

• 3 months later...

I have a friend @ GM, he work in the vette group and there is something coming, dont know when in relation to the Vette SS it will come out?? If the Vette SS comes out next spring/early summer then the truck could come out in the fall winter of 2008???

• 1 month later...

I work in a little town north of Columbus Ohio called Sunbury. I was out to lunch in a town south of Sunbury called Galena, and as I was sitting outside on the patio enjoying my lunch I heard a deep rumbling sound. As I turned my head to see what kind of vehicle was rolling through this little town I about Shat myself. This was a brand spankin new (I'm guessing a concept/prototype) Silverado SS Corvette edition. I couldn't believe it. After I saw it I instantly started to research this and I could not find anything except this http://www.wichitaracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44187

I have no idea why this truck was cruising through Galena, Ohio but it did and it was UN-REAL! The SSS had the same body style as in the pics in the link but was proudly sporting a Corvette Badge on the tailgate. I know nothing more about this. It all happened so fast. I had about a 20 second glance at this beast with my own eyes.

I will setting up a booth in Columbus next week for those of whom would like to touch me. I did see it with my own eyes in REAL life.

A new SS with the new LS3 and they are set (just not the new fugly bodystyle). New Dyno's of that motor with intake and exhaust are 20-25whp less than the Z06's :driving: . Intake, cam, and exhaust with no tune and they got 488whp...sign me up.

• 3 weeks later...

If they offer it in a Quad cab, I'll buy it sight unseen. I almost don't care about the power because you can always modify it. If it looks like that picture on wichita racing, and comes with four doors, I found my next vehicle. I just wish they (GM) would release some info on it. I'm dying to give them some money for it.

• 2 weeks later...

General Motors will incoporate the new LS3 engine with 436hp as in the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette. All-Wheel Drive as well as Rear Wheel drive will be offered. Look for 2009 1/2 to make debut at the North American Auto show in Detroit this january. Early pricing numbers suggest $37,500-$41,050. Production could see summer 2009 with limited numbers available. CARANDDRIVERlistedsourceAP.

Cab configurations will soon follow.

here is a short video of the SS everyone keeps showin and they say its the new concept so we shall see what happens!!!!

my dad saw that exact truck in daytona at a GM booth setup thing. he said the guy told him that was the new concept for the SS

General Motors will incoporate the new LS3 engine with 436hp as in the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette. All-Wheel Drive as well as Rear Wheel drive will be offered. Look for 2009 1/2 to make debut at the North American Auto show in Detroit this january. Early pricing numbers suggest $37,500-$41,050. Production could see summer 2009 with limited numbers available. CARANDDRIVERlistedsourceAP.

Cab configurations will soon follow.

Giggity

It would be awesome but there never do there way to conservative to do anything the customer wants thats why there sales suck and the keep down sizing. At least the camaro back but after everyone else comes out with theres. I'm a die hard Gm guy but i'm getting sick of it they will never make anything to rival the vette.