Curb Wieght??

nxtnlne

Did some searching and this is what I came up with....

2006 1500 4wd VMAX..curb weight...5,018 lbs (VortecMax 4wd)

2006 SSS 2wd...................................4,627 lbs (SSS 2wd)

Not sure if this is accurate anybody know for sure?

I haven't weighed mine - but I can tell you that whoever penned that 4627 number was smoking crack. The 5018 number is totally believable *provided* that's a bench seat VMax, my bet is that with full power seats it'll be surprisingly heavier on weigh-in.

Mr. P.

Yeah I wasnt sure about that I figured Intellichoice was smoking crack....I know Im heavier then the SSS but I thought only by 200lbs or so considering Im 4wd. I was messing around with a new 06 SSS yesturday and I stepped out a full truck on him 1st-2nd then he started to reel me in 2nd-3rd, and got me by 1 truck length from 3rd-4th and he was still pulling. We both had passengers. He said his truck was completely stock. Has to be a 2wd vs. 4wd and power to weight ratio!!!! Oh well, I tried. :D . At least I know where I stand with you guys! I need to start buying some bolt-ons!

My 4WD V-Max has LT3 trim (lots of options), skid plate package, and a spare tire lock. It weighed 5,220 lbs with 3.1 gallons of fuel used. Add 20 lbs for the missing fuel and I am at 5,240 give or take.

My shipping invoice stated that my truck weighed 5,090 lbs. That is with only 2 or 3 gallons of gas. Gas weighs approximately 6.3 pounds/gallon. The tank holds 26 gallons.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

My 4WD V-Max has LT3 trim (lots of options), skid plate package, and a spare tire lock. It weighed 5,220 lbs with seven gallons of fuel used. Add 40 to 45 lbs for the missing fuel and I am at 5,260 give or take.

My shipping invoice stated that my truck weighed 5,090 lbs. That is with only 2 or 3 gallons of gas. Gas weighs approximately 6.3 pounds/gallon.

Mike

Thanks for the INFO fella"s....................Hey whats up Mike..How you been? Your truck is identical except do you have the sun roof?

No sunroof. Also, I fixed a few numbers in my post. I tried to do it from memory and my memory failed me. Numbers are correct now.

I have been good. Thanks for asking.

I am going to install my GM Performance Parts cat-back soon. It is sitting in the garage now. I will let you know how I like it. It looks really nice.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

No sunroof. Also, I fixed a few numbers in my post. I tried to do it from memory and my memory failed me. Numbers are correct now.

I am going to install my GM Performance Parts cat-back soon. It is sitting in the garage now. I will let you know how I like it. It looks really nice.

Mike

Good to hear! Yeah I defintely would like to see and hear that when its on the truck :thumbs:

My 4WD V-Max has LT3 trim (lots of options), skid plate package, and a spare tire lock. It weighed 5,220 lbs with 3.1 gallons of fuel used. Add 20 lbs for the missing fuel and I am at 5,240 give or take.

My shipping invoice stated that my truck weighed 5,090 lbs. That is with only 2 or 3 gallons of gas. Gas weighs approximately 6.3 pounds/gallon. The tank holds 26 gallons.

Just wanted to add this info: When Car and Driver tested the AWD 2003 SS in the June, 2003 issue, they listed the curb weight as 5,240 lbs. This is exactly what my 4WD V-Max weighs with a full tank of gas. I don't know if the SS had a full tank or not. I have always wondered what the body cladding on the sides of the SS weighs. Something to think about.

Oh, and the SS in C&D looked to be similarly equipped. It had leather seats and the Bose system.

Mike

Mike

Good to hear! Yeah I defintely would like to see and hear that when its on the truck :thumbs:

:withstupid: I'm pretty interested too!! :thumbs::thumbs:

... I have always wondered what the body cladding on the sides of the SS weighs. Something to think about. ...
I've had the cladding off, it's thin plastic, very very light. If I were to guess the cladding might weigh 15-20 lbs total, there's not much to it. Edited by misterp (see edit history)