Driveshaft Hitting Crossmember after Lowering??

REDSS2NV

Anyones Driveshaft Hittting the Crossmember after Lowering 3" in Rear?? Looked at my AWD SS after Lowering 2" and it looks alittle close but I called Belltech and they said ONLY 2" Lowered Rear on an SS. Can I drop it 1" more with Hangers without Hitting. Thanks

Mine has a black mark on it from the crossmember but no damage. I added airlift technology helper bags to the rear to keep it from bottoming along with ground force drop shocks. I have belltech drop leaves which allow for 2-4" of rear drop and mine is between 3-4.

Dave

If there is a black mark on one side of the driveshaft and not a ring all the way around it, it is very likely the mark got there when the truck was built. The driveshaft goes in while the frame is upside down. I noticed the black mark on mine the first couple of days I had my truck and I knew there was no way that it had hit unless it was from when they strapped the truck down on the car hauler.

If there is a black mark on one side of the driveshaft and not a ring all the way around it, it is very likely the mark got there when the truck was built. The driveshaft goes in while the frame is upside down. I noticed the black mark on mine the first couple of days I had my truck and I knew there was no way that it had hit unless it was from when they strapped the truck down on the car hauler.

:withstupid: When I had my 04 SS I looked under it at the dealer and there was a black mark there aswell. This is from the factory and not from hitting while driving.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...