altenator

ccgoodwrench

i'm replacing my 105 amp altenator with a 145 amp, do i need to upgrade the 8 guage fusible link from the altenator to the junction box. my e- fans are drawing my battery voltage down to 13.8 volt when they kick on at idle and will slowey come back to 14.2 with a little throttle. i have both fans turn on low at 180* and then both go to high at 185* and then they turn off at 178*

not to hijack, but does anyone know which wire that runs to the alt tells the computer that the battery is charging, ie color? I have an aftermarket HO alt and the only thing that kinda sucks is the battery light thats on saying the battery isnt charging, which i know it is.

thanks.

not to hijack, but does anyone know which wire that runs to the alt tells the computer that the battery is charging, ie color?  I have an aftermarket HO alt and the only thing that kinda sucks is the battery light thats on saying the battery isnt charging, which i know it is.

thanks.

shoot, I know you need a 10K resistor in series with 2 of the wires under the hood but not sure which ones.... Hmmm PM me and I can look at my truck and see whats up.