Steering Wheel Clunking Petition Y/N ?

perk03z06

Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be included on a petition letter sent to GM about the steering mechanism clunking that is common on newer Silverados?

• Yes
    • No

This is a issue that plagues every single truck. Merv, John or holty should send this as a email to every single one of the members here pleading the help (as well as explaining the problem and its history). Make our voices heard, bring in everyone :thumbs:

mines dead technically. no sound now but if it dosn't get greased it will be back again. also add in about the piss poor gauge clusters and the insufficient transmissions that they had to doctor up with tuning to keep alive. Its not like they didn't know about the insuffiency of this, (look at a select few of the late 03's. 80e?)

Might want to hold off a month or two, my service manager just told me today and sounded 100% positive that a new designed shaft should be shipping in mid to late January.

And this will be a recall/warranty item for all trucks with this problem? Even those out of factory warranty?

Might want to hold off a month or two, my service manager just told me today and sounded 100% positive that a new designed shaft should be shipping in mid to late January.

And this will be a recall/warranty item for all trucks with this problem? Even those out of factory warranty?

Sorry but i do not have a answer to that, since pretty much everyone has been to the dealer multiple times for this issue even out of warranty the problem was never fixed while under it so i dont see how they could decline to fix it at there expense!If anything call the gm 800 number and make alot of noise if dealers try and get cheap on this.