SS on Vacation

dcairns

Got back from my two week vacation driving the SS to Kings Canyon and Yosemite with our "new" 1996 trailer. Sure beats tent camping this time of year, you can sit inside with the heater on, sipping hot chocolate, and look out the window and watch the tent campers shiver as they try to keep the bears away from their food :D We drove 1,340 miles, averaged 10 MPG. I am sure glad gas prices have gone down recently. Got 3 MPG going up the Grapevine pass :eek: But I could go at 60mph with no problem (55 MPH speed limit in CA for cars with trailers).

Some how, we managed to get a trailer with a matching blue stripe :) Yosemite Falls would be in the upper left if there was any water this time of year.

CRW_2062.jpg

Here is what it looks like from the top of Yosemite Falls, after a steep hike.

CRW_2007.jpg

I heard lots of good things about Yosemite. Do you have any other pictures?

Do I have any other pictures..... have a seat while I get out the slide pojector :jester:

Kings Canyon at the Roaring River trailhead

CRW_1919.jpg

Hiking past Roads End in Kings Canyon

CRW_1939.jpg

Kings Canyon

CRW_1940.jpg

Yosemite from an overlook on the Upper Yosemite Falls trail

CRW_1996.jpg

Me and my better half at the top of Uppser Yosemite Falls

CRW_2005.jpg

This is what is just behind us. Just a trickle of watter going down the falls this time of year

CRW_2009.jpg

Meadow near Camp Curry, looking towards Yosemite Falls

CRW_2012.jpg

The Royal Arches, and Basket Dome

CRW_2020.jpg

The always photogenic Half Dome

CRW_2021.jpg

Justin, Looks like you were traveling a little lighter than I was :D  I was worried I might not have enough gas left to get back out of Kings Canyon  :eek:  That road really sucks the gas up 4-6 MPG with the trailer.

Yep, quite a bit. :) The end of the road trail looks like the hike to mist falls. :D