Unhooked the battery today

r8rs4lf

Today I had to unplug my battery's negative terminal in order to install my HID's. Now when I turn on the A/C, it blows hot.

WTF is going on?

I did a search on this subject and came up with a few TSB's:

1. 01-01-39-004A

2. 02-01-38-007C

3. 03-01-39-007

Any other ideas?

TIA

UPDATE:

I took my truck into the dealership yesterday for the first time since purchasing it new in 2003 to have them look at the A/C and do the R&R on the intermediate steering shaft. They ended up recovering and recharging the A/C and also replacing the LF temp. actuator. :dunno: Whatever that is! :crackup: They also greased up my shaft. :D

All in all it was a good experience. I dropped it off at 8:00am and got it back at 2:00pm. I thought it was going to take a few days, but no.

• 1 year later...
I get a clicking noise from behind the dash when my AC has reached stable temp.

ANyone else have that problem?

I have a simmilar problem with my truck.There is always a clicking noise from behind the dash.It does it when the ac is on or off. About a 2 months ago my ac quit blowing air out of my vents,got it fixed it was the blender actuator door,it cost about $180. But how do i get the noise to stop, anybody know how to make it quit? :banghead:

The HVAC control module has what is called "keep alive memory" If I Disconnect my battery, it takes anywhere from a few hours, to a few days for it to come back on. Leave the A/C on, and it should "mysteriously" just start to work again. Sorry, but that's the only help I can be of.

I get a clicking noise from behind the dash when my AC has reached stable temp.

ANyone else have that problem?

I have a simmilar problem with my truck.There is always a clicking noise from behind the dash.It does it when the ac is on or off. About a 2 months ago my ac quit blowing air out of my vents,got it fixed it was the blender actuator door,it cost about $180. But how do i get the noise to stop, anybody know how to make it quit? :banghead:
Is it a clicking, or more of a gurgling sound?

Hiss/gurgling noise. Subject: A/C System Refrigerant Hiss Noise (Replace Liquid Line) #06-01-38-002 - (03/17/2006)

Models: 2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models

2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2006 GMC Sierra, Yukon Models

with 4.3L, 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L or 8.1L Engine (VINs X, V, T, Z, B, U, N, G -- RPOs LU3, LR4, LM7, L59, L33, LQ4, LQ9, L18) and Air Conditioning (RPOs CJ2, CJ3 and C69)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition

Some customers may comment on a hiss noise coming from the instrument panel. The noise has also been described as sounding like a gurgle or water spattering. The noise occurs when the Air Conditioning (A/C) compressor engages and may continue for 5 to 10 seconds after the compressor disengages or the A/C system is turned off. The noise is most noticeable when the vehicle is at idle or is being driven at low speeds. The noise is undetectable after about one minute when the A/C system has been turned off or the vehicle has been turned off.

Cause

This condition may be caused by the expanding refrigerant as it passes through the orifice tube.

Correction

Technicians are to verify that the customer concern is only as described in the condition statement above. If the customer concern is a refrigerant hiss noise, then technicians are to perform the normal diagnostic procedures for an A/C system concern. The ACR2000 should be used to check the A/C system performance, charge level and discharge temperatures. This will eliminate the possibility that another condition is contributing to this customer concern. If the A/C system is performing properly, and all other possible sources of this noise are eliminated, then technicians are to replace the A/C liquid line. Use the proper part number as described in the parts information box below. Verify that the noise has been eliminated and that the A/C system operates normally.

Parts Information

Important: The trucks affected by this bulletin that have rear air conditioning were built with two different length condensers. The short condenser is 762 mm (30.0 in) long. The long condenser is 914 mm (36.0 in) long. Be sure to measure the length of the condenser before ordering one of the tubes listed below for vehicles with rear air conditioning.

Part Number

Description

Qty

Tube ASM-A/C Evaporator (vehicles with C69 and a long condenser)

Tube ASM-A/C Evaporator (all vehicles with front only A/C)

Tube ASM-A/C Evaporator (vehicles with C69 and a short condenser)

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation

Description

Labor Time

D3083

Hoses And/Or Lines, Refrigerant-Condenser To Evaporator (Liquid Line) - Replace

Use published labor operation time

Add

To Recover and Recharge A/C System

Use published labor operation time

Clicking noise.

Subject: Intermittent Ticking Noise from I/P, Poor A/C Performance, HVAC DTCs B0229, B0414, B0424, B3770, (Reprogram HVAC Control Module) #06-01-38-003 - (04/27/2006)

Models: 2004-2006 Cadillac Escalade Models

2004-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2004-2006 GMC Sierra Models, Yukon Models

with Air Conditioning (RPOs CJ2, CJ3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition

Some customers may comment on one or more of the following concerns:

• Intermittent ticking/clicking noise from the instrument panel.

• Recirculation mode does not work or Air Conditioning (A/C) system performance is poor during high ambient temperatures.

• Unable to control the driver side temperature.

• Unable to control the passenger side temperature.

• Unable to change the front system modes.

Cause

This condition may be caused by the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) actuators that may hunt for the correct commanded position. This cycling may cause a clicking or ticking noise.

An overtravel of the HVAC system control doors may cause one or more of the concerns listed above. If an overtravel occurs, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set, and the door will go to a preset default position. When a system door defaults, that door will stay at the default position until the DTC is cleared. After the DTC is cleared, the door will operate properly until the overtravel condition re-occurs.

The following table lists the HVAC system doors and the DTC associated with it.

System Door

Overtravel DTC

Air inlet door (recirculation door)

B0229

Left temperature door

B0414

Right temperature door

B0424

Front system mode door

B3770

Correction

Technicians are to perform the normal diagnostic procedures in SI for these concerns. If diagnostics show that the HVAC system door(s) travel below 5 counts (out of the lower range) or above 250 counts (out of the upper range), then update the software calibrations in the HVAC control module. The new calibrations were made available to dealerships as part of TIS2000 incremental satellite update version 2.5, which was broadcast to dealers in February 2006.

The new calibrations have been updated to compensate for the actuator overtravel condition, the actuator hunting and the ticking/clicking noises. The new calibrations effectively eliminate the codes listed above, the default position of the doors associated with the DTCs and opens up the feedback position value. The new calibrations should not be used unless the vehicle has one or more of the customer concerns listed above or a DTC listed above has been set. The new calibrations will not correct any other DTC or A/C system performance concern.

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use: