Silverado 07

mbpsychoSS

I really hope GM doesn't use the tahoe front end. Looks like a ford to me, but to each his own. I do like the new tahoes but I hope GM doesn't use the front end. They need to work on a high powered truck. Dodge has 500HP monsters and Ford looks to be adding another fast truck, so what's GM do. Change the body a little and probably leave in the 6.0 and call it a day :banghead: Why won't they give us what we want? :confused:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
um....looks kinda like a tundra....hmmm...wow, i can hear it now "cute truck". but i agree with autoguy change is bad and eventually we will accept it

Another post wrote something to the effect that it doesn't look tough enough to be a Silverado and I agree judging by those pics. But like the 03 change in headlights, that change took a while to grow on me!

• 1 month later...

I had a guy in my shop today that is a contracted electrician at the GM Light Truck Assembly plant in Fort Wayne Indiana. He said that he has seen several of the trucks and it looks very similar to the Tahoe.

Everything is smooth. No sharp edges like the current style. Very smooth fenders etc..

Has anyone heard rumors that it could possibly come with independent rear suspension? He said he could have sworn he saw one with independent rear suspension.

I also talked to my truck cap dealer and he and one of their engineers have been all over the new truck trying to get their molds ready for the release. He confirmed the same thing the electrician had told me. Very similar to the Tahoe. He said it is pretty cool though. It has more of that rounded bed side like the Dodge or Ford Super Duty. In other words it kind of bows out in the middle and gets narrow at each end. He said they kept certain parts of the truck completely covered so they couldn't see it.

There is going to be a shutdown at the assembly plant in Fort Wayne in May. Supposedly they are going to be running both trucks after the May shutdown until the December shutdown and then it will be only the new model.

Now this is all coming second hand. I have no way of confirming any of the info.. So it may be complete bullshit but both guys told me almost the exact same thing yesterday.

supposodly there is a pic of one in the new truckin magazine!

They do have a picture in the new Truckin mag, but it is an artist's rendering. It still looks pretty sweet to me though. :cool: Hopefully they will look as good as what the artist drew.

The newest word that I have is that there are going to be two body styles for 07. Yep GM is going ford on us. The first part of the year will be the silverado "classic" which is the same as the current truck. Then the new one will be out around fall or so. Hopefully you will be able to get the new powertrain options in the old style truck but I really doubt it will happen.

The newest word that I have is that there are going to be two body styles for 07.  Yep GM is going ford on us.  The first part of the year will be the silverado "classic" which is the same as the current truck.  Then the new one will be out around fall or so.  Hopefully you will be able to get the new powertrain options in the old style truck but I really doubt it will happen.

Going Ford? GM did it in 99 too.

GM sucks. I guess they figured ford's new fusion is a rip off of the cadillac so why not do the same thing :banghead: My wife deals with GM all the time and they have lots of problems. The new fuel system uses fuel that cost more than gas does now. Who is going to pay higher prices for fuel that's cleaner when you drive a truck or SUV? :confused: Maybe the new look will grow on me :P

• 3 weeks later...
The newest word that I have is that there are going to be two body styles for 07.  Yep GM is going ford on us.  The first part of the year will be the silverado "classic" which is the same as the current truck.  Then the new one will be out around fall or so.  Hopefully you will be able to get the new powertrain options in the old style truck but I really doubt it will happen.

going ford? what are you talking about man? chevy has done this several times in the past. They did it with the new trucks in 99 i believe it was, they also did it way back in 55 with the 55 first series and second series trucks, they are trying to please both crowds, the people who like the new ones and want a change and the people who are stuck in their ways and don't like change. It's a genius idea and i'm sure they will sell more trucks in 07 than they will in 06 because of it. I mean how much extra does it cost to produce a vehicle for another 6-8 months more? Nothing. It costs them nothing at all, it's the same price as it was last year and it also helps to offset the cost of all the new equipment for building the new body style trucks. Just my 0.02 though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived