The Silverado SS's little brother

GBass

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though that article had a lot of errors, it gets my imagination going. I'd love to see that Colorado SS happen - I'd even buy one if it came with a V-8. Think about this: it would weigh around 3600 lbs, give or take (I just went to chevrolet.com and got the weight of an ext. cab Colorado, and rounded up a little bit since it would have a V-8 instead of a 4 or 5 cyl). If it came with an LS2 (390 hp), and you did a few mods and got it to around 450 hp (just 60 more than stock - tuning, a CAI and headers/exhaust would probably get you close), you would have a mid-to-low 12 second truck according to my horsepower calculator. :eek:

And all that is before any kind of FI or nitrous... :devil:

But, kaotik1 is probably right: It's too cool for GM to produce. :dunno:

With all the cuts at GM (and the other US automakers for that matter)....all of these really cool thing are probably on the chopping block....they aren't going to spend money on a vehicle that will only sell less that 5k units per year.....they want BIG numbers.

....but I would love to have one!

That truck is very cool. If it came with the LS2 and a 6 speed I'd be all over it (we all pray that it would get an LS7 but theres no chance GM would do it). Thats colorado looked so nice doing a burnout with its stance and all. I hope it makes it into production, with the balls that the concept has.

the truck is nice my good friend has a extreme and is pissed as hell..... the article is on sport truck magazine. im not feeling the interior...actually i hate the interior it looks like something from the jetsons.

Archived