twin turbos anyone??

hello everyone over the last few months its been really hard keeping this hush hush.. first things first i would like to thank my best friend brett (boosted: SS forum member) he is the brains behind this whole project without him it wouldnt have gotten done and probably would have never been started!! thanks again buddy i owe you big time!! I also wana say that he works 40 plus hours a week at his own job and then has the heart to go in and work on my truck on his free time a few nights a week! not many folks like him around.. thanks

i would like to tell the story of how this all got started. actually when i first got the truck i wanted to do a super charger system on the truck. something i could throw on in a weekend and be done. thats when we thought about twin turbos. something not a lot of people have done, actually no one with an ss that i have seen has done it.. i can personally tell you why lol the truck fought us the whole way.. trying one thing and it wouldnt work. trying something else and it wasnt to our liking.. waiting on parts and a whole lot of thinking.. here is what i can tell you about the kit that i know. i definetly dont know alot thats why brett will be in here soon to explain and answers questions. i can tell you this the turbos are t3-t4 t04 v trims.. he custom built my manifolds, the stock ones just wouldnt work when flipped it would have been to much of a pain to get the turbos symetrical.. also the manifolds are gasket matched.. i am using a obx front mount intercooler, there isnt a lot else i can tell you guys.. but brett will be in here to explain more so here are some pics i hope u guys enjoy!!!

post-6405-1131329443_thumb.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet setup. :thumbs:  What are your plans for the truck?

at first we are going to go mild.. starting out with only 6lbs of boost and working from there.. after this is finished i am going to baby it through the winter (as much as possible) stern words already mentioned about this from brett lol.. and get some tranny work done. that is a must.. from there the sky will be the limit.. once we see all the bugs are worked out of the kit, like heat shields and making sure the manifolds are holding up and such.. i think this kit will be available for anyone..

Archived