Rear Seat Fold Down Trick!!

6.0ss

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, what about car seats - still safe to use them after cutting down those tabs?

I've thought about that as well since I have a newborn. I would say no because those cables that are removed hold that seat to the truck firmly. I'm not saying the seat would go flying through the front windshield or anything, but it's definately not as safe as when they are in there.

Think about this though. A carseat/stroller combo is pretty big. I have one and with the way I have my seats adjusted in my SSS, it touches the seat backs. That irritated me alot since I don't want any holes in my seats after so much rubbing. It just doesn't really fit in the middle. Now if you put it on the passengers side, it would. I fixed all of that before she arrived by buying a Yukon XL for the wife. We never take my SSS with the baby. :thumbs:

Good tips, thanks. As for the baby seats in the back, I thought I would never have to put my twins in the back but I had to cause my 06 Trailblazer had to go in to get it's rear end replaced. I soon welded the tips and put it back to original the night before.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

at the bottom of the seat silly

Look under the seat and youll find them, there is also a plastic cover on the drivers side.

On another note about the baby seat couldnt you just use the latch system, in conjuction with the seat belt.

• 3 months later...

Just did this today and it really makes tweakin' on your amp a lot easier than moving the box and gettin to it that way, plus now you've got extra room for storage.

Great idea

post-11006-1182060905_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what did you guys use for an amp board (dimensions)... and what did you use to upholster it??? i was thinking about just getting a roll of sub box building carpet from parts express since it matched pretty closely on my box build

I have my seat raied 3/4" and all I had to do was bend down the little mounts the tabs on the seat grab onto, and then I took a small prybar and bent the tabs on the seat out a little. I didnt even have to take the seat out and it work fine. When I lift up the bottom part up the tabs go up enough to lift over the mounting points so thats good enough for me

• 2 weeks later...

i know this is an older thread but i wanted to add 2 things... 1 is to say this is a sweet mod and makes a great place for extra storage. 2 is how did you guys remove the bracket things from the back of the seat? did you cut them off? beat them off with a sledge hammer? them seem to be welded on so im wondering how you guys got them off.

and btw i mean the bracket things that you have to remove to fit amps, not the tabs you cut to make this mod work.

thanks

i know this is an older thread but i wanted to add 2 things... 1 is to say this is a sweet mod and makes a great place for extra storage. 2 is how did you guys remove the bracket things from the back of the seat? did you cut them off? beat them off with a sledge hammer? them seem to be welded on so im wondering how you guys got them off.

and btw i mean the bracket things that you have to remove to fit amps, not the tabs you cut to make this mod work.

anyone?

• 9 months later...

thanks

Bump for an answer to this question. Wondering how to remove these to mount an amp to the back wall. I'm going to be doing this mod in the next couple and want to make sure I have my ducks in a row since I'm doing it as a means to mount my subs/amp and accessing them easier. If the OP wants to send me the pictures I can re-host them for this thread since there's only the one picture now. I have a pretty good idea but let me ask this: Do you cut right to that first hole so it's still there, bisect it or cut that hole gone completely for stock ride height? That's the best way I could think to describe the actual cut location question.

Archived