Rear Seat Fold Down Trick!!

6.0ss

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. One of those slim fit optima's might fit, but it would be very tight and the seat could never go to the upright position, when the seat is folded up you only have 2.5 inches of room back there.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an awesome idea, but I have a question about it. Once this is done are you able to have the bottom of the seat up without the whole seat then falling forward while the bottom is locked in the upright position? for example if you wanted to get to the subs or something like that.

**Update**, nevermind, I'm retarded and didn't see that someone asked this just a little above :banghead:

• 1 month later...

Something that needs to be pointed out about this mod is that the two mounts on the back side of the seat for that center "Y" cable needs to be removed if you plan on installing amps behind those two points. I just installed my new Alpine 5 channel theater amp and it got scratched because of these mounting points. Also, my rear seat doesn't fold up because these mounts are hitting my amp.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now that you guys have done this, anyone have issues with new rattles or anything?

Nope no rattles here, but when i first did it i got a few. I notcied from trying to figure out how the hell the seat folded down the easiest i ended up bending the one tab out a little. I used a mallet and hit it back in and its nice and tight now. So check your mounting tabs and see if one is a little pulled out

Archived