Rear Seat Fold Down Trick!!

6.0ss

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea.. the seat is still hooked with those tabs to the back wall,, you have to lift the seat vertically until the tabs com undone.. also the center lock down sticks some times!!! you should take that off by hand before you pull the seat,, that will make it easier! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

i guess i'm confused on this....how will just cutting some tabs shorter make the seat fold down? sorry for being dumb. i want to try this tomorrow.

also, do you have to remove the back seat completely out of the cab to get to these tabs to cut?

i guess i'm confused on this....how will just cutting some tabs shorter make the seat fold down?  sorry for being dumb.  i want to try this tomorrow.

also, do you have to remove the back seat completely out of the cab to get to these tabs to cut?

just trust him it works. I have this done in my truck and I love it. as for pulling thw whole seat out, you probably do have to pull the whole thing out. makes it easier in the long run. dont forget to mark them before you pull it out!

i guess i'm confused on this....how will just cutting some tabs shorter make the seat fold down?  sorry for being dumb.  i want to try this tomorrow.

just trust him it works. I have this done in my truck and I love it. as for pulling thw whole seat out, you probably do have to pull the whole thing out. makes it easier in the long run. dont forget to mark them before you pull it out!

thanks for the reply, but mark what??

• 3 weeks later...

They way that Chevy made these rear seats function is by "floating" the top section of the seats on the tabs shown. When the bottom portion is released and rotated to the "up" position, the top section of the seat moves slightly upwards at the same time. By cutting the tabs short, and then releasing the bottom section and rotating it up, you raise the shorter tabs out of their holes.

Pretty slick mod 6.0SS! Wish I would have taken a look at that when we met up at Hooters!

• 2 months later...

Awsome tip! I'm going to be getting my system put in soon, but I'm kind of wondering. As it was said, if you raised your seat significantly, you won't have to cut the tabs. My seat will be getting raised about 2 inches, using the 'seat lift kit' out of member Kowboy's truck. With it raised 2 inches, will the tabs still hook in at all? or will I have to actually have my tabs extended to make sure the back of the seat locks in place?

• 1 month later...
ok when you raise the seat can you keep the part you sit on raised withoutt he back falling forward? a lot of times i have to lift the rear seat for more room on the floor to carry stuff that cant go in the bed.

yes, the bottom of the seat will still lock into place without the rear unlocking. i do it all the time, it works perfectly

• 3 weeks later...

Archived