24" wheels anyone running

I have a chance to run some 24 with 305/35/24 putting the overall diamter at 32.4 I have no idea what the stock diamter is on the stock tire, but if its only a inch I can raise it back up with the torrisions and the hangers with a inch all the way around. Anyone running that setup or know anything that can help me out before i order. I found a billet wheel that weighs 35lbs. If I can run these I will be selling my 22" boyds.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you enjoy the hp from your dyno (not sure what that translates to at the track), stay with the 22s. Or, at least go run it at the track before you go with 24s. If you do after, you're going to be real disappointed in your times vs the hp you know you're making, IMHO.

Every tire is differnt, all the overall sizes will change depending on brand. Most tires are metric sizes, width/profile/rim size.. The profile aspect is the percent of the width to make up sidewall. so on a 305/40/22, 40% of 305 millimeters is the sidewall. To get a rough size its 25.4 millimeters per inch, so 305 divided by 25.4 is about 12 inches wide. The sidewall is 40% of the 12 inches or about 4 inches. To get the overall diameter of the tire you would have to get the circumfferance by a string around the entire tread then divide that by 3.14 or PI.

I have a chance to run some 24 with 305/35/24 putting the overall diamter at 32.4  I have no idea what the stock diamter is on the stock tire, but if its only a inch I can raise it back up with the torrisions and the hangers with a inch all the way around. Anyone running that setup or know anything that can help me out before i order. I found a billet wheel that weighs 35lbs. If I can run these I will be selling my 22" boyds.

Whats the brand and name of the 35lb wheels???

• 1 month later...
I have a chance to run some 24 with 305/35/24 putting the overall diamter at 32.4  I have no idea what the stock diamter is on the stock tire, but if its only a inch I can raise it back up with the torrisions and the hangers with a inch all the way around. Anyone running that setup or know anything that can help me out before i order. I found a billet wheel that weighs 35lbs. If I can run these I will be selling my 22" boyds.

if you could get 23's that are forged that would look pretty nice but if you plan on keeping your truck fast and not have to waoory about the pot hples and bumps.I would say stick to 22's they look good with a drop and ride just about as good.If you want bling just go for the 26 or 27's

Archived