Antenna Delete

PadronCubans

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how about moving the XM and the ON star antennas aslo? When I had my head linner down I noticed that they were bolted in thow, but it should not be too hard too move them and really clean it up. Just an idea.

Great Idea on the antenna move I am going to have to do it now. :cool:

The xm antenna they use on the 05's loses reception a lot more than it did on my stock 04 Impala and non stock 03. Has to do with location, from my experience. Id recommend to GM they use the combo antenna (like on an 05 Caddy) and mount it just above the 3rd brake light. I guess if I was to move or change the OnStar/xm antennas this is what I would look into doing. Might not work with this version of OnStar though...

Thought about moving the Xm and Onstar antennas onto homemade brackets at the front of the bed, under the taneau cover. They may unbolt and be able to be relocated, but then I have to fill the holes in the roof and have painted, kind of a pain. Also, reception might be an issue... hmmm, any thoughts?

Yeah that is true Big O....... Removing the antennas from the roof would be a pain... u havta fill the hole and paint, Im just gunna leave mine i like them.... makes the truck look more important  :D

:withstupid: I have been thinking of sanding them down to smooth out and paint to match the truck might make them blend in a bit! I have also noticed the XM antenna on the new c-6 vette has a different shape and is a bit smaller in total size and height they also have a pretty cool trianglular shape to them. Does anyone know or can they find out if these are interchangeable??? ZIPPY???

Yeah that is true Big O....... Removing the antennas from the roof would be a pain... u havta fill the hole and paint, Im just gunna leave mine i like them.... makes the truck look more important  :D

:withstupid: I have been thinking of sanding them down to smooth out and paint to match the truck might make them blend in a bit! I have also noticed the XM antenna on the new c-6 vette has a different shape and is a bit smaller in total size and height they also have a pretty cool trianglular shape to them. Does anyone know or can they find out if these are interchangeable??? ZIPPY???

yeah that would help. Whenever you do that post up some pics, I would like to see how that looks!

• 4 weeks later...
This forum is great. I have been in the military for 20 years and almost everywhere I go (surprisingly) I meet someone from Stephenville or Tarleton State. I graduated from there in 2001 (well really from the Killeen Satellite school) while assigned to 4th ID, FT Hood, TX.

My '05 SS still has 700 miles on it. So I am still a newbie to the forum. So far some great ideas I will use when I return from Iraq after my second tour in OCT. See ya.

101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) :flag: 

misterp: Yep, DFW here! You too?
Kind of (Stephenville, 1-hr SW of Ft Worth) :thumbs:

This forum is great. I have been in the military for 20 years and almost everywhere I go (surprisingly) I meet someone from Stephenville or Tarleton State. I graduated from there in 2001 (well really from the Killeen Satellite school) while assigned to 4th ID, FT Hood, TX.

Well it's not the same Stephenville you might remember. TSU has 9000 students now, population is growing at 2% a year, We have a Blockbuster now, Walgreens just put in a massive store this month, and Starbucks is coming in at the end of summer!

Mr. P. :)

Archived