Diablo Sport Programmer?

ctrow

Has anyone installed the Diablo programmer yet? I tried calling them but got a Memorial Weekend message. Hey, it's only been 2-3 weeks since Memorial weekend.

On my 5.3L Sierra I was using a Hypertech and was happy with it. I have heard good things about the Diablo though. I pretty much want an off the shelf programmer due to lack of dyno for the AWD. I just want modest gains. I don't expect to get every single 1/2 horsepower I can get. Mainly a little more power and firmer shifts.

Any suggestions fellow SSer's?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were happy with your hypertech, and you kept the programmer, once they crack the code on the SS, you can get your programmer re-done for $200. Didn't know if you knew that or not. That's just in case you didn't want to fork out another $400 plus for another type of hand-held programmer.

Hypertech has two SSs in their shop now working on getting it out. Not sure on the status of the Diablo programmer, might send them an e-mail if the phone isn't helping you out.

Yeah, once I got the answering machine I sent an email to sales. Haven't heard anything yet though. Maybe I'm too demanding but if I get an answering machine from 2-3 weeks ago and they haven't responded to email, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the company.

I'll try calling Hypertech tomorrow and see where I get with that. $200 is not bad. If they can get me 20-30 more HP and about the same in torque, I'd be happy. Oh, and firmer shifts. To me the transmission is soft.

I talked to hypertech Friday. They're hoping to have something in a couple of weeks. I've never gotten an answering machine with them. I would expect that you will see the SS programming out soon. You can always got to Wester's garage. They are set with the SS for $595- I think.

That's a good question. It was night and day diff on my old truck (5.3) on using/not using the hypertech. Just don't see how the diablo is going to blow it away - but I am hopeful.

I used a Hypertech on my old '99 Silverado and noticed a difference but not a $395 difference (which is what it cost me in 1999). I don't know if it was the programer itself or just me expecting more than I got. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone says about the new ones (by any mfg). Maybe they have improved a lot in the last 4 years. I hope so.

I would eventually like to be around 375 in the end. I think with a reprogram and some air management, it's possible.

Then again, 750 horse, LPE 427ci Twin Turbo sounds good too. Wait a minute it's torque I want. 750 ft/lbs would be awesome! :thumbs:

I was noticing today that around 70 if I floor it, it doesn't want to shift down to 2nd. Based on my 5.3L it would and pull fairly hard. I'm hoping the reprogram will solve that by allowing higher rpms and shift points.

Archived