Brakes

pharmb

8 weeks is a bit ridiculous. :crazy:

You may want to check but some credit card issuers have policies specifically stating merchants cannot bill ahead of ship date. Visa does this but they have an exception in the case of deposits or some other down payment the customer specifically agrees to. MasterCard covers it by stating the same except they also add that if the customer agreed to the terms and conditions of the sale then they can be billed ahead of ship date if that was specified in the terms.

You might want to call and ask the merchant about this as they may be willing to credit you and then rebill when they get a more firm ship date (if they are really having supply problems then it is their fault, not yours so they should be willing to talk). You don't have to be an ass, but be firm about it.

Wow, glad I hadn't ordered yet. You're a lot more composed than I would be after having to wait 8 weeks and excuse after excuse.

Sounds like they owe you more than just your upgrade.

Thanks for the responses, guys. The factor that keeps me calm in this situation is the fact that I really really really want the Baer system. So, I'll just wait.

By the way, I've been an ass for a long time, but not firm! :D

schklege - please post some pics of your upgrade when and if you ever get the stuff. I think the Eradispeed upgrad is pretty sweet and one of the hottest going out there. It is one of those things that I dream of doing one day.

That is what's cool about this site! I get all my dreams fulfilled through you guys. Being able to see your pics and hear your first account experiences is pretty awesome. I know it's not nearly the same, but at least I get to talk to someone who has done what I want to, and that's much more than I had. Thanks to all of you! :thumbs:

BenKey: yep, I'll post pics when and if the brakes ever arrive.

And I agree with you about this site. My SS is 100% copied from everyone else on here, from the underseat box to the oil fill cap to Checkmate tonneau to Zaino to Sylvania Silverstars (low & high beams on at same time) to blue Line-X to (soon-to-be) Radix supercharger to (soon-to-be) Giovanna Genoas. Not an original idea on the thing, but it's a great ride!

How much did the eradispeed +1's set you back, and did you get all 4? I had seen them somewhere else but couldn't remember who made them or the name. Just knew that they reused the original calipers with relocators. Thanks!

Last I looked into for my last truck (99' GMC Sierra) the Eradispeed +1 was going for about $1300. That was about a year and half ago.

And you are right, it's just a relocation of the stock caliper, not a new one. That's why it doesn't cost so much, compared to other brake mods anyway.

Archived