bcm reset with new factory fog lamp addition

bigs04

here's the question. i bought the factory fog lamp kit for my single cab ls 2004 silverado and i plan on installing them this weekend and i heard from the dealership that once i complete the install the truck needs to be brought back in for a reset on the bcm. does anyone here know if i can do this at home or is this a way for gm to make a quick buck. :confused::dunno:

here's the question. i bought the factory fog lamp kit for my single cab ls 2004 silverado and i plan on installing them this weekend and i heard from the dealership that once i complete the install the truck needs to be brought back in for a reset on the bcm. does anyone here know if i can do this at home or is this a way for gm to make a quick buck.  :confused:  :dunno:

That doesn't sound right at all I belive the fog lights have to be turned on manually anyways I don't think it has anything to do with the BCM but I could be wrong.

I had the same thing done on my 02 Z71. I bought the kit from my dealer, and they charged me $15.00 for the reprogram! The only problem that I had was I did not read that far into the instructions, and noone told me at the dealership. I got done installing everything, and then found out! Just my luck I guess.....

Archived