Cracked Sunroof Tracks

TheGeorgiaKid

Seems like I remember something about this awhile back, but couldn't find anything. Is anyone had or having problems with the tracks on the sunroof cracking? Can just the tracks be ordered & not have to replace the whole assembly? If so what is the part number of the tracks? I also thought about taking them off & taking them to a machine shop with a CNC machine & having some made out of billet aluminum. Anyone thought about or doing that? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I didnt have a problem with crackin in mine. For some reason about four months ago I was cruising down the highway about 110 and mine blew completly out. If that has never happened to any of I pray it doesnt. It literally sounded like the damn robot aliens were trying to tear into my roof and pull me out. I probably coulda licked my floor mats, thats how far I was ducking. It cost over $700 to have one over nighted to me and it was the wrong one, but thankfully they promptly sent me the correct one with no shipping charges. If any of you have an aftermarket sunroof I suggest you check and make sure the glue is still holding strong or you'll be in the situation I was in.

I had that problem and had the dealer fix it under warranty. there is post by someone else in the forums about the same issue. Dealer sucked at fixing it though, lots of wind noise afterwards took many return visits to get the dealer to fix it right.

Edited by petro_man (see edit history)

I had that problem and had the dealer fix it under warranty. there is post by someone else in the forums about the same issue. Dealer sucked at fixing it though, lots of wind noise afterwards took many return visits to get the dealer to fix it right.

Same story here. Three trips and another sunroof assembly later, they got it better. It's still not perfect. If you could make them out of aluminum, on CNC you'll sell tons of them. It's my understanding the whole assembly has to be replaced because those arms are not sold by themselves. It's a stupid design and is indicative of why GM is where they are.

Edited by Radioshop (see edit history)

i have the same exact problem and now a little leak.......dealer says it not under warrenty only thing im not happy with on my truck 2005 sss with 28 thousand and the sun roofs going already i wish i didnt have the sunroof